Chapter 3: First Trimester

It's been a month since Anthony and Julia announced they were expecting, since then, they have been battling morning sickness and Julia has been limited on how much she can do.

They were in the office when there was a knock on the door, making everyone stop what they were doing as Charlene opened the door to reveal a new client.

"Is Ms. Julia Sugarbaker- Bouvier around?" A man asked.

"Hello, I'm Julia Sugarbaker- Bouvier. How can I help you?" Julia asked as she extended her hand out to shake hands with the man and let him in.

"I was in the neighborhood and I know I'm at the right place when my map ended me to this house, right here." The man said.

"Did you come here for a consultation?" Charlene asked.

"I did. I need to have my dining room renovated for a dinner I'll be having soon because my family is coming to town." The man said.

"We can go over some details of how you would like your dining room to look as we step over here to the book layout.'' Mary Jo said as she brought the man over to look at the layout of different designs.

"How would you like your dining room to look?" Mary Jo asked.

"I thought about a red wallpaper type look." The man said.

"Anything special?" Bernice asked the gentlemen.

"This is our good friend Bernice Clifton." Julia said.

"I'm Arthur Livingston." He held Bernice's hand as he kissed it.

"I could give you some inspiration on how to decorate your dining room." Bernice said as Julia looked and shook her head while smiling.

"Bernice, that's why he's here to pick out some things and we'll see what we can do to make his dream dining room." Charlene said

"Did you know my friend Julia here is expecting?" Bernice questioned as she caressed Julia's stomach.

"Bernice, he's only been here for a few minutes and he can't tell that I'm expecting." Julia said.

"Actually, I can." The man said.

"How?" Suzanne asked as she exchanged looks between Arthur and her older sister.

"By the way she has her hands folded underneath her stomach and I can tell when a woman is pregnant." He said.

"There's no way you could have possibly known that." Suzanne said

"A man can tell when a lady is expecting. I have three children and my ex wife never had to tell me after our first born." He said.

"What are you? A psychic?" Mary Jo asked him.

"No, I'm just a farmer ma'am." He said.

"Well, I'm pregnant and my husband is out making deliveries, too bad you won't have time to meet him." Julia said.

"That's alright ma'am, maybe another time we could meet." He said.

"Well, Mr. Livingston, all I need you to do is go over there to fill out some paperwork with our office manager, Charlene and I'll look over your contract tonight." Julia said.

''Sounds great." He said as he filled out his paperwork and went on his way.

...

All five ladies decided to join Anthony for lunch at the country club as they all sat down when Julia told Anthony about their new client.

"He said he could tell Julia was pregnant." Suzanne told Anthony as he smiled at Julia.

"Well, I think that's just a bit crazy if you ask me." Anthony said.