Chapter 5: Boy or Girl?

Time skip

Julia was now in her second trimester and her morning sickness was gone as she breathed a sigh of relief of not having to get up every morning at the crack of dawn.

She nursed her usual cup of decaf coffee which she was somewhat getting used to since she could not have regular coffee like Anthony and the ladies, which she envied.

The ladies of the design firm were also really excited to find out the gender of the baby and Julia made a cake to celebrate as she piped blue and pink flowers on top which said Baby Bouvier.

"Good morning Julia." Mary Jo said as she walked through the door with Charlene right behind her.

"Good morning ladies. How are you?" Julia asked.

"Excited." Both Charlene and Mary Jo said at the same time.

"Me too. Anthony is out right now getting some things for the little party we're having." Julia said.

"Is Bernice coming?" Mary asked.

"Yes, he's picking her up on his way back." Julia said.

"I know we've asked you a million times already, but are you really wanting a boy or girl?" Charlene asked her.

"I don't mind if I have a boy or a girl. As long as he or she is happy and healthy then we don't mind either one." Julia said.

"You already look pregnant." Mary Jo said.

"I know and I'm in my second trimester, my fourth month and I'm measuring around fifteen weeks." Julia said.

"That's one thing I miss about being pregnant. When I found out I was having a girl first, my heart was overjoyed and when I had Quint, well I was like "Now, I have the perfect equal match." Mary Jo said as Anthony came in with bags as he and Julia smiled at each other.

"I'm just hoping that our baby comes on time. I was in labor for two days with Payne, but the wait was so worth it." Julia said.

"I'm ready to be a father, there's nothing better than being a husband and becoming a father." Anthony said as Julia blushed as he came around the island to kiss her.

"When will Payne be coming home?" Charlene asked.

"Next time he has some free time. I miss him, but he is a grown man and he's busy with work and school." Julia said.

"I can't wait to see my nephew and just give him a great big hug." Suzanne said.

"Well ladies, we hate to run, but we have to get going." Anthony said

"We'll be back soon and we can finally put a name to our baby." Julia said as she grabbed her purse and coat.

"Ready baby?" Anthony asked her.

"Oh yes." Julia said as they walked out the door.

...

Julia was looking at the screen when her doctor pointed at the screen and Anthony held her hand.

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Bouvier! You're having a little girl." Her doctor said as Anthony and Julia got teary eyed.

"Oh my goodness! Now, we have a boy and a girl." Julia said as she held Anthony's hand.

"I'm so excited." Anthony said looking at the monitor and Julia's stomach.

"Do y'all have a name for your precious little angel?" The ultrasound technician asked.

"We can't decide between the name Presley or Paige." Julia said.

"I like the name Presley." Her doctor said as she wiped off the gel.