21 Surpassing Limits

A/N HELLO READERS! I've been requested by a lot of people to push on with the story so Im doing just that. I've been busy with training butttttt THATS NO EXCUSE. Also if you love me and you love danmachi  check out my cringey amv! https://youtu.be/9GDPSuTPCXc

Thanks again and happy reading!

"We're really not in a good place" Finn chuckled to Gareth. The dwarf was the first to awaken from the previous fight, but his pain was made clear in his face.

"What now captain?"

The prum was also equally as exhausted. Surrounding the two senior adventurers, everyone was unconscious and injured. He quickly tended to Ais' wound, but it wasn't looking the best. As he wrapped her wound, the cloth became instantly soaked. If she didn't get help, she wouldn't last very long. Without saying a word, he stood and hoisted the twins on his shoulders. Gareth nodded and did the same with Ais and Bete.
"This isn't going to be easy..."
"I know, but it's not like we have much of a choice. That damn Ottarl wasn't here for us at all..." Finn replied in disdain.
The two began their journey with silent prayers of avoiding enemies, but the dungeon was hardly that considerate. Waves after waves of monsters consistently pounded on the two veterans, and each time they barely made it out.

Almost immediately after Ottarl had struck down Asterious, the boaz had taken chase of Zyraid leaving the Loki familia alone.

"Captain.."

"Me too Gareth."

The two level 6 adventurers were on their last legs, each step a challenge. The situation was hopeless, and the faint footsteps of monsters could be heard approaching. The dungeon was truly ruthless.

"We...may have to leave at least one or two behind to have even a chance." Finn said coldly. Despite his familia being his comrades, nothing would stop his dream of bringing honor to the prum race. Certainly not even death.

His eyes immediately looked at Ais. Responding to Finn's actions, Gareth's face grew angry and he let out a grunt. His breathing was wavering but his will was not.

"No."

"No?"

It was almost out of place, but the face of a certain white haired boy flashed in the prum's mind. 'That boy would find a way to save everyone. I'm no captain if I can't be an example.'

Smiling in reply to the dwarf he spoke cooly, "Yeah yeah, you're right. What's honor if I can't defend my familia anyways" He scratched his head and close his eyes in embarrassment. "Lets get moving"

***

"Bell-Sama!"

"Its okay!" Anticipating the minotaurs strike, he skillfully avoided the blow and impaled the minotaur causing a burst of ash to form where the creature once stood. The Hestia  familia had long set out for their journey following Bell's lead. Unfortunately for them, he wasn't sure himself where and how far they had yet to go.

"He's grown so much.." Welf spoke quietly, marveling at Bell's significant increase in strength. Just a month before, catching up to him seemed reasonable, but at the rate he was going, he would break all expectations of his friends, and of Orario.

They came across a clearing of green lush grass with false sunlight reflecting off a nearby lake. Despite this not being a safe area, the good visibility allowed for an opportunity for the adventurers to safely rest for a bit.

"How does everyone feel?" Bell asked as the group sat down and pulled out meals packed hastily the previous night.

"Good!"
"Ready to go!"
"Nothing to worry about!"

Everyone's responses were generic and cheerful, but their bodies contradicted that. Their breathing was ragged, and scratches and wounds were visible amongst them. It was a harsh reality but Bell knew there was a gap between him and the others. Monsters he could deal with easily, posed a real problem to the level 1 Lilly, or the freshly level 2 Welf.

"Haruhime. We will have to rely on you from here on out."
The fox girl looked at him and smiled. She had given her all to even keep up, and even snagged a few kills with a spare crossbow from lilly. Now given a chance to truly be of help, she felt true happiness.
"Of course."

"As for the rest of you, I want you to rely on me a little more." He stood up to emphasize his point, "I cant have any of you hurt because of my reckless decision to hastily enter here. So in turn this is my responsibility."

He sternly spoke, his voice full of solemn reasoning. They all felt the urge to speak, to counter, to lift the burden off of the white haired boy's shoulders, but it was inevitable why he spoke this.

"Hey...Argonaut.."

Bell froze and his eyes widened as he stood paralyzed. It felt like his mind was glass being scratched and chipped, close to shattering completely.

"W-who...?!"

An all too familiar scene took place as the world turned black and the ground left his feet. Standing in front of him as cheerfully devious as ever, was Hades. Lustfully, she indulged in the sight of the boy from head to toe.

"Was what you showed me real goddess..." The white haired boy spoke fighting back nausea. Bell was referring to the visions of the Loki familia he had seen prior to making the nasty decision to venture underrated into the fangs of the dungeon.

"Very...
Much...
So..."
She smiled sickly as she watched Bell's face fill with despair. This was her favorite part after all. When the hero would rise despite the odds and hopelessness and emerge victorious. She would be sure to keep this cowards face in her mind when he triumphs.
"Where is she." His voice is shaking with raw terror and emotion. His hands were trembling and rage exploded from his every pore.

"Who exactly?" She asked despite knowing the answer.

"You know who godamnit!" He screamed at her, his words seething. He was going to absolutely, inevitably kill, whoever hurt her.

Shining in front of him was a scene from hell. He saw Finn and Gareth's situation clearly. Balling his fists he screamed once more "Take me there now!"

"As you wish." She gave a little wink before disappearing along with the room. Immediately finding his footing, the first thing he noticed was the dungeon looked dramatically different from the floor he was just at. It was a mountainous terrain and heavy gusts of wind that could easily make one lose their footing.

"Bell-sama?"

His eyes immediately opened in fear. "Don't tell me she..."

Just as he thought he turned and saw Lili and the rest of his familia terrified. Alone, scared, and in the deep levels.

It was if Hades was laughing along with the dungeon matching in cruelty.
"You monster. Hades...you demon"
He hadn't wanted to put the people he cares about in even further danger. Now the situation was bleaker than before now that his familia was also at risk, but prior to Bell even having time to brood on such thoughts, a roar sounded through the area.

It was a little ways off, but immediately Bell took off in search of one person. "Welf, Mikoto, stay behind the others and I'll lead in the front. Mikoto use black crow and let's try to avoid confrontation as much as possible.

" Y-yes Captain." Her voice was shaky in terror. Prior to Bell's strong words, the adventurers had been stricken with fear, but after the captain began to take charge, they regained some sort of semblence of rationality. The Hestia familia took flight, into the unknown, and into the very jaws of the dungeon.

"I'll fulfill my promise to you now... So I can finally say those words."