22 The White Haired Abomination

Author's note. YAYYYYYY! So uh basically I've finished this chapter for a while, but actually never posted it and didn't even realize so... XD sorry about that. As for this chapter, it's not my best work, but I felt I just needed to get something out there at this point. Hope you guys enjoy and as always, happy reading

-AE

"A-ais..."

Gareth and Finn gasped at the sound of the argonaut's voice.

"Bell?!" Gareth grunted.

"What are you doing here!" Finn spoke in disbelief. The pair of level 6 veterans were almost at a loss of words considering they were in the deep levels. This boy, no...this Familia shouldn't be here at all. Each of them would experience an excruciating death now that they've condemned themselves to this hellish fate.

"Who?" Bell spoke in a whisper. Lilly and the others looked at their captain in terror. In his eyes showed murderous intent enough to cause the entire floor's atmosphere to grow heavier.

"What do you mean who?" Finn replied still trying to regain his composure.

"Who hurt her?"

"It's impossible to-"

Bell closed the distance in a split second and picked Finn up by his shirt lifting him off the ground. The prum's thumb began to blaze in pain at the danger this boy presented.

'What the hell... In this condition he could beat me easily...' Finn thought in distaste, raising his head slowly to meet the ruby eyes of Bell.

Similar to when he had trained with Riveria, an aura similar to a God's divine protection surrounded him. Olympus was awakening once again.

"Ottarl went after it. It was a green dragon with cunning intellect, and razor-sharp reflexes. It doesn't look like I can stop you." He spoke calmly.

Bell dropped him and walked over to Ais. "I'm... Sorry Finn. I just can't stand the sight of her being hurt.

Finn smiled at him. "I understand, do your best."

The tense feeling lifted slightly as Bell turned away from the group of adventurers. "Haruhime."

"Y-yes!" She replied running to catch up to Bell. Together the pair ventured deeper into the dungeon. Stopping Bell turned to his Familia one more time. "Protect the Loki Familia Lilli, Welf, Mikoto." He let out a small smile of confidence as if to say: "I trust you"

The others nodded. Bell and Haruhime disappeared out of sight. Danger was pungent in the air, and it seemed to grow with every step. The White Rabbit knew he was being selfish, but the face of Aiz held firm in his mind. His rage was more than enough to drown out any hesitations, that was until he heard coughing from next to him.

It was unreal to Bell what he saw at first. His mind was still unable to comprehend the gruesome display in front of him. Standing next to the Renard was a green beast, his claw impaling her chest. She looked at him with fear in her eyes, before a red liquid escaped from between her lips. 

"H-hey wait..." He gasped on the verge of hyperventilating. Gripping his chest tightly he sputtered, "What is-"

THUD!

The white rabbit soon found the ground escaping his feet as he flew outside the cave's entrance and impacting into the area outside. His body formed a crater in the hard ground. Pain convulsed through his muscle fibers and bones. 

"Are you the one?"

The dragon spoke aloud, his words like a serpent. Zyraid followed Bell outside the cave appearing outside of the Cave's entrance. It was a terrifying sight. Despite being smaller than Onsen, it was obvious this dragon was more dangerous. Muscle lined its legs ready to spring forward at a moment's notice. His eyes gleamed with intelligence and malice, and his talons were like double edged swords that would cut armor like butter. 

"Bastard." 

Shakily he stood up. He didn't have to look to know the Loki Familia and his own were within reach. This was no longer just revenge. Everyone's lives could easily hang in the balance. 

Olympus was awakening again. 

"Were you the one who defeated Onsen?"

Zyraid's eyes analyzed every movement Bell made. Any twitch, breath, blink, it was all being observed in the finest detail. He could tell the dragon was trying to get a read on him. The little rookie made eye contact with the Dragon his face void of emotion. 

"Stay back everyone."

Without even looking, he sensed the approach of his Familia. Chances are they were trying to help, but that's not what he needed right now. "Back me up if the situation calls for it. That's it."

The Familia grimaced at the harsh words. They were reality. Not one of them was past level 2, yet here they were trapped on the deep floors with a wounded Familia that was also a liability. Welf took a step forward only to be stopped by Finn. 

"He's right. The best thing we can do right now is back him up and not get in his way. Me and Gareth are not in great condition either, but we'll do our best." His thumb throbbed awfully. "If Bell loses... We are all dead."

"Okay. But if things look bleak I'm not going to hesitate."

"Bell Sama. Lilly is so useless." She began to tear up. 

They all stood in a group behind the little rookie, guarding the wounded ready for an attack. 

Zyraid waited no more, pounding towards Bell. 

"Gahhh!"

Speed combined with strength clashed with the Hestia knife. It wasn't even a second later when Bell was sent flying once again. It wasn't like Onsen or any other monster he had fought before. 

This time, The Little Rookie was completely outmatched.