#7 The Displeasure Quarter

A/N I'm just busting these chapters out!! This is a short chapter with a bit of cute romance. It sets the scene but don't expect anything ground breaking. It was more for my enjoyment then the plot so I'm sorry😂

There's just so much inspiration to keep writing. I am excited for what's next. To all my readers thank you for sticking with my book!! <3

*Bell's P.O.V*

"I said I'm coming with you."Ais spoke forcefully.

"But why?" I asked her. She took several seconds before answering.

"Because I won't let you go alone... especially to a place like that."

I accepted her decision understanding there was no changing her mind. I explained to her my mission objective but nothing more. I left out everything about Hades or the treasure.

I decided to try one more time "You don't need to come real-".

"Ill... go change" she cut me off. Ais wasn't going to hear it so I dropped the subject. Without another word, she turned away as if the decision was final.

"Ais I told goddess I'd leave tomorrow morning!" I tried to tell her but Ais shook her head disregarding my statement. She stopped walking and peered my way.

"If you are looking for a certain restaurant or pub, many only open at night. The signs will glow and it will be easier to find."

I understood. "Oh."

So that's it huh? I'm going with Ais Wallenstein to the pleasure quarter.... in the night.... by myself.

Damn it.

*3rd Person*

"How did it come to this?" Bell groaned inwardly. He and Ais slowed as the pleasure quarter entrance lay ahead. A large metal gate with a glowing purple sign made up the walkway. Behind the entrance were rows of fancy buildings and numbers of beautiful women. The smell was unlike anything else. If passion was a physical substance it would be this scent.

Ais stood next to him wearing a black dress. The attire made her look less like a warrior and more like an innocent girl. It brought out her eyes making her a sight to behold. The outfit was very uncharacteristic of her but the white-haired boy decided to not comment on it.

He couldn't help looking at her without thinking, so he tried to focus on the mission. The two walked into the town. Crowds of people were rushing causing the path forward to be difficult.

This in turn caused Bell to grab her hand and pull her along. "I'm sorry Miss Ais but it's really easy to get separated here." The slightest shade of pink could be seen on her face as she was led around.

The pair twisted and turned through the labyrinth of busy streets. The walking space was cramped between buildings and people. The sky was dark, but the lights glared generating more than enough light.

"Let's check out this pub. Maybe we can get some information on where the Crimson Lotus is." Ais nodded and they entered.

The room was beautiful and full of tables seating couples. Ever since the pleasure quarter was rebuilt after the passing of Ishtar the economy prospered. Without the oppressive rule of the Familia, shop owners were no longer bound to taxes and strict rules.

The pub's floor consisted of a luxurious purple carpet with a gold lace surrounding the walls. There were large crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceilings, and candles upon each of the polished wood tables.

Bell smiled in wonder as he observed the surroundings. A waiter came and led them to a table. "This isn't what I was expecting" he told the blonde beauty.

Ais didn't reply as she kept looking around like a child in awe. Bell let out a small smile seeing Ais enjoying herself so much. "Maybe we can look for the Crimson lotus tomorrow" he said to her with full confidence.

She looked at him and her eyes asked
"What do you mean?"

Bell smiled. His worries and fears were gone at this moment. Seeing her here, he knew this is exactly where he wanted to be.  "I'm saying we can enjoy tonight."

Bell imagined his grandfather laughing in the distance as he awaited her response. Ais hid her face behind her hair averting Bell's gaze. In the smallest of voices, she replied "okay.."

The waiter returned with menus and handed them to each person.

"Thank you for dining with us! Please let me know when you are ready." The waiter left as quickly as he came.

"Ais... this place is."

"I know."

In beautiful letters at the top of the menus spelled out two words.

'Crimson Lotus'

A/N Hopefully you found some enjoyment out of this chapter 😂 You may be thinking that was too easy but all I have to say is... you'll see.