23 The Rabit and the Dragon's Dance

"What is your name?"

...

"You seem Familiar"

...

"You're dangerous. A cancer."

...

The dragon's body twitched for just a moment before returning to it's slumber.

"Argonaut. You remind me..."

***

"Gahhh!"

It was no use. Bell tried and tried again but the dragon didn't give a single pocket of opportunity. The more the Rabbit attacked, the faster Zyraid reacted.

Things were looking bleak. Stealing a glance behind him, he saw a group of people injured or terrified. This was the final stand.
A rabbits last chance to escape from being another prey to the viscous jaws of the dungeon.

"Fire bolt!"

Bell swung the Hestia Dagger in unison with his magic firing consecutive attacks towards the beast, but it didn't take long for it to adapt.

"You're about to die." it's voice groaned in sick satisfaction.

Was he about to die? His knife was caught between the dragon's claws. It was over. Zyraid didn't hesitate.

"Duck!!"

It was a spectacle of flame. Bell felt the heat graze his skin as it impacted directly into the dragons scales. It screeched not in pain, but in anger.

"Bell! We're not going to stand here and watch."

"Welf?!"

His expression screamed confidence. Twirling the flame magic sword in his hand he reassured the white haired boy.

"Leave it to us. We won't hold you back."

There was no time for Bell to reply. Zyraid had more than recovered and was back with a vengeance. Bell was instantly knocked off of his feet. The dragon went in for the kill

"Futsonomitama!"

Gravity magic halted Zyraid for a split second allowing Bell to regain his balance. Twice his life had been saved.

"Thank you!"

Confidence rushed into Bell. Why had he insisted on fighting alone? Immobilized, he dug the hestia knife into the chest of the dragon. Zyraid roared in pain. Forcefully breaking out of the gravity magic, the dragon flew past Bell, and towards the members of the hestia familia.

"No you don't!" Welf and Lilli screamed, and held up two magic swords. Immense bursts of power stopped the dragon in it's tracks, forcing him to avoid.

"Don't forget about me!"

Closing in behind Zyraid Bell let out a flurry of attack, many of which inflicted damage. Though... This wasn't going to be enough.

Observing the situation, it was obvious to everyone that the wounds were superficial.

"We need more power..." Bell spat, but just then, a woman's voice echoed in his head.

Olympus

"Bell be careful! He's readying another attack!" Finn yelled out, but the little rookie was already two steps ahead, avoiding another swipe from the dragon. The force of this caused Bell to stumble and fall, and this time he wouldn't clear the talons except...

A blast of purple gravity magic weighed down on Zyraid halting his momentum, allowing Bell to scrape by. 3 times his life had been saved. He looked to Mikoto who returned a fierce smile.

-I was looking at it wrong this entire time... I need them just as they need me. Bell shakily stood and shook his head violently.

I was ignorant thinking I could handle all of my problems alone... Why in the hell did I join a familia then? Bell looked up at his battered band of mismatch warriors.

The stronger the will, the greater control and potential the user gains.

Riveria's words almost seem to materialize in front of him. "What drives you forward?"

"My goddess... My friends... My promises... And..." A flash of blonde hair, and beautiful hazel eyes. A face that never gave too much away, but also held mysteries to keep one intrigued for a lifetime. "And... Her."

Bell held out his hand and drew out a symbol of a flame. The symbol materialized into sparks that showered down.

"Bell...?" Welf questioned, unsure of how to interpret the site.

"Bell-Sama?"

Finn looked at Gareth, his brow contorted in concern. "Is that Falna?"

What drives you forward?"

Next to the symbol of the flame, Bell drew out a Bell. The Hestia Familia crest. The sparks ignited into a frenzy, going from red to blue, and finally to white. The transparent rainbow aura intensified around Bell. He closed his eyes, inhaled, and spoke.

"Olympus."

Everything flashed white. Lightning formed just outside of Bell's reach glowing rainbow.

"What is this?" Zyraid croaked, already having took a few steps back.

"This is my desire." Bell said, his words so convicted, not even Zeus himself could deny him. He raised his arm and guided the lightning bolt with his hand using only a gentle rotation of his wrist.

Zyraid couldn't even react as a flash of raw mana clashed into his scales before singing his skin.

"GGRAAAWWHHHAHH" Zyraid screeched, it's cold demeanor replaced with one of pain.

This was not a superficial wound.

"Guys!" Bell turned to his familia. "I need your help! I can't defeat this monster by myself. If we put all of what we have together, I think we have a chance."
He pointed at them, lightning hovering just in front of his finger. "I can't do this without all of you."

"Of course captain!!!" Welf yelled, shortly being accompanied by shouts of glee. Bell grinned at them as the aura of his lightning increased even more.

And so the real battle began. Blow after blow, the tide of battle constantly shifted.

What is your name?

Again... Again?! Bell stumbled back, as the sound of scraping metal filled his head. In front of him was a scene of chaos, he could even see his own Hestia knife moving at incredible speeds, but he was just a spectator. His sight faded in and out of focus as the words of the One-Eyed Dragon clawed at his mind.

"Bell run!" He could hear their voices but they became increasingly muffled behind the ringing in his ears. Vaguely, he made out Zyraid's claw, the dragons sickly smile, and lastly...

"Who are you?"

The irrigation stopped, and relief fell upon bell. His eyes were not met with the green dragon's attacks, but rather the King... Ottarl, his eyes glaring at bell. Towering over the rabbit, his presence was all but pleasant.

"?!"

"Who are you really Bell Cranel?" As the words left his mouth, his great sword repelling the beast.

"Who am I?"