Chapter Twenty One - Sacrifices

[Sasuke's P.O.V]

"Sakura, you're insane- have you even thought about what you're saying?" I narrowly avoided running into people as the Haruno raced ahead of me, dragging me by my wrist and dodging anyone who got in her way. The further up the main road we went, the thicker the masses became, so naturally, we ran into quite a few obstacles.

"Ah- ARGH! HEY, SAKURA!" I finally managed to put my foot down, also stopping the pinkette as she was yanked back at the force. I towered over her, looking down with a dark scowl. She merely glanced up at me, unflinching, and raised an eyebrow. 

I sighed, and pinched the bridge of my nose. 

"Can you please explain to me what's going on?" She just blinked, and we stood there staring at each other, me still holding onto her arm.

"What do you mean?" I groaned and hung my head. Great.

Sakura pouted and took her arm away from my grip, putting it on her hip.

"Did you just break up with me?!" I demanded, pointing in her face and ignoring the stares of onlookers. She scowled and slapped my hand away with a hiss.

"Well, technically, yes." It should have been earth shattering, or I should have felt deja vu; instead, I didn't feel anything. Okay, well, I felt a little hurt, but then again, had Sakura and I even shared a single kiss throughout our platonic relationship?

"I can't believe it," I said automatically, a response I had gotten used to wording whenever this situation came about. "I can't- I- why?!" Sakura grimaced, and crossed her arms.

"Let's go somewhere more... private," she said, indicating with her head the direction we should go in. I nodded, and we both set off towards the nearest isolated spot, a park bench that just stood apart for the busyness of the people around it. We sat, and Sakura faced me with a sigh, taking my hands in her own. I raised an eyebrow at her actions, and she flushed a little, but didn't make much out of it.

"Listen, Sasuke-" Instinctively, I wrenched my hands from hers with a sneer.

"You've already broken up with me. What's this supposed to be, huh? You offering your condolences?" She spluttered as I rose to my feet in anguish. "I can't believe the nerve you have." Instead of shrinking away like I expected her to, however, Sakura got up as well and swiped an arm in the air.

"I swear to god, Uchiha, SIT DOWN!" she snapped, a vein popping on her temple as she raised a fist to me, her sweet and kind demeanour now one of menace and threat. "NOW!"

"You can't-"

"Oh yes I fucking can!" 

Before I could retort, she'd grabbed my arm and yanked me back down onto the bench, both her grip and strength unnerving and frightening me. From that one jerking movement, I could already sum up her strength- she was stronger than [Name], and the very thought of that scared me. Women are scary when they're mad, and it looked like Sakura was no exception. "Now you listen to me, Sasuke! We dated, did we not?"

"Y-yes."

With a huff, Sakura sat down beside me, blowing her light pink bangs out of her eyes.

"You were playing it safe, weren't you? Did you ever have an interest me at all?"

"What? Of course I did-!"

"Wrong. [Name] set you up, didn't she?"

"What?" Sakura sighed, and covered her face with one hand.

"Sasuke, you're great. You're everything a girl looks for. You're rich, smart, handsome, and can be sweet when you have your moments. But you need to find the right girl for you- one who understands you, one who doesn't take advantage of all your pluses. We dated, and that was great. But you were too scared to move ahead in our relationship, Sasuke. It's as if you're saving yourself for someone, and I think I might know who that someone is."

I just laughed.

"What makes you think I'd be interested in [Name]?" I scoffed, waving away Sakura's suspicions. "She's loud, arrogant, boisterous, she eats a lot when she's hungry, she eats a lot when she's sad, she's into Suigetsu, she's a know-it-all, she can't sing to save her life, and she can't cook, either. What makes you think I'd like her, based on that judgment?" 

Sakura raised her hands, and began counting off on her fingers.

"You drive people away, so that's why you rely on [Name]'s loudness to guide them back. Your arrogance is intimidated by hers, and if anything, I'd prefer [Name]'s arrogance and boisterousness over your coldness any day. If I've learned anything so far, I know you love to cook, Sasuke. [Name]'s appetite is a good excuse for you to stretch out your skills, and if there's anything that makes you happy, it's cooking for [Name], right? Right?"

I sneered at her.

"What makes you think you know me so well, to go around throwing your accusations?"

"Accusations?"

"Hn." 

What happened next was a blur, but the first thing that came to my mind was "Oh my god. She just hit me." 

I opened my eyes to see Sakura towering above me, emanating a dooming aura.

"Look, asshole, stop being such a tsundere, will you?! I did not just break up with you to have you go back to your old, stupid ways! I broke up with you for a purpose, and that purpose is to make sure that you find your rightful happiness with [Name]! You're a good guy, Sasuke, and I know about your struggle with relationships! I also happen to know that [Name] is the best thing that's ever happened to you by far, and I am not just going to sit around and watch you dawdle with me while Suigetsu reels her in! It kills me to see that, Sasuke! You and [Name] are meant to be together, but you have so many other people in your way!" 

Sakura's voice had gotten high pitched and cracked, and it looked like she was on the brink of tears. 

"I want you to be happy, Sasuke, and the only way that'll ever happen is if you'll admit that you love [Name], and ask her to be yours!"

The full force of her words hit me right in the face, and I blinked stupidly as Sakura began... crying. Sakura wanted me to be happy, and she must have noticed how strained I'd become with [Name] and mine's relationship. 

Oh, woah, woah.

Wait a second.

"Sakura... do you love me?"

The Haruno merely wiped her eyes, smiling weakly.

"Yeah, I love you. But I love you enough to want you to be happy with the one you love. Now, shall we commence Operation "Make [Name] Yours"?"

I could only hug her.