Chapter Nine - Double Trouble

"Guess what?!" 

Sasuke and I were on the phone again that night, unable to wait and so that we could yap about how great our lives were going. We hadn't seen each other since the Saturday he and Sakura had their first date on, and probably wouldn't for another week or so. I couldn't blame him for it, though- not only did he have to work, but he now had a new girlfriend he had to shy up to, and I didn't want to get in between that. When we both exclaimed at the same time, I cleared my throat and urged him to go first.

"Well, it's only day four, but I feel like I'm getting somewhere with her," he said in his usual, flat tone. "And I actually think we'll last longer than a week." I squealed like a fangirl and sat up in my bed, waiting for more.

"And and aaaaaand?" A grunt.

"That's it." I pouted and poked my tongue out.

"You're so boring, Sasuke! Anyways, guess who got a cute boy's number today?" 

A groan.

"[Name], business men's cards from the tip jar at the local bakery don't count-"

"Idiot Sasuke! He's not a business man, and he doesn't work at the bakery!" I exclaimed hotly. "He's this cute guy from Bed, Bath and Beyond! He was so nice and just- ugh, my heart! I'm not sure about dating him or anything, but even I'm up for having a good time!"

"So he gave you his number... and you're not even going to bother calling him. Right?"

"WRONG! I'm going to text him and see if he's available on Satur- AHA!" I swear I felt like a genius as I leapt to my feet, the bed bouncing under my weight. "SASUKE! SASUKE SASUKE SASUKE SASUKE!!!"

"What times five?" he asked in an annoyed tone. I hollered and began jumping up and down, clutching the phone tightly against my ear.

"WE COULD GO ON A DOUBLE DATE THIS WEEKEND!" I exclaimed, eyes and mouth resembling that of a fish. "DOESN'T THAT SOUND FUN?!"

"I don't even know your date, [Name]. What if he tries to kill me, or steal Sakura?"

"I'LL MAKE SURE HE DOESN'T! HE'S A REAL SWEETHEART, TRUST ME!" I squealed, jumping for joy.

"Trust you?"

"I'VE GOTTEN YOU THIS FAR WITH SAKURA, LAH LAH LAH, DON'T TALK BACK!" I heard him go quiet on the end of the line. Gotcha!

"You can trust me, duck-butt! Let's hope he says yes!"

"He better not be a weirdo."

"He's not! I promise!"