Onze | 11 | Electra (Partie Un)

A knock on the door startled me from my seated position on the couch. I looked up sharply, fear clouding my senses. My mind raced. 'Could it be him?' I wondered. After the disheartening package I had received a week ago, I had been confined to the house along with Lily. Mother's orders of course.

"Vi! Open this door! My hair is getting frizzy." A familiar voice silenced my worries. Letting out a breath, I hopped off the couch and raced to the door. I grasped the handle and opened the door. Chloé turned away from reading the number on the door, and met my gaze with her electric blue eyes. "Finally," she said, pushing past and inside to the apartment. She was dressed in an expensive form-fitting black blazer along with a bright yellow tank top, all paired with a pair of stark white capris.

"Oh, how good to see you." I said sarcastically to the air outside of my apartment. "Why don't you come inside?" I gestured for the air to enter the apartment, earning a scoff from Chloé.

"Oh hush." She said as I closed the door, locking it once more. Chloé took a seat on the bar stool next to the kitchen counter, staring at me intently. "Where have you been?" She demanded. I raised an eyebrow, walking over to the kitchen to stand in front of her.

"I've been here...?" I said, trying to keep the sarcasm from my words. She rolled her eyes dramatically, burying her head into her hands.

"Well duh, genius. I know you've been here, but why haven't you been at school? It's been a week!" I sighed, running a hand through my knotted hair. I pulled it over my shoulder, trying to comb through some of the knots with my fingers.

"I'm- "

"Your not sick, so don't try that excuse on me." She interrupted. "I am the queen of excuses, and I know one when I see it. Why have you really been gone?" I shut my open mouth, obviously having to come up with another excuse to satisfy her questions. I couldn't tell her that he was back... I couldn't. She had lost it when I had returned early this year, bringing back all the danger that we had both escaped. If she had cornered me in the courtyard that one day over me just returning, how would she react to her worst fears being confirmed?

"I just- Lily's been... Lily hasn't been feeling, and you know ma mère, she has to work late night shifts. She asked me to stay home to watch over Lily and take care of her." I lied smoothly, trying to hide the unconvincing nature of my voice behind a solid face.

Chloé raised an eyebrow, unamused.

"Really?" She pondered.

"Really." I smiled. She narrowed her eyes before groaning.

"Fine, I give up. Don't tell me, just get your ass back to school. That Marinette girl is making heart-eyes all over Adrien, and it's really pissing me off. With you gone, she's managed to sweet talk her way into sitting in your chair that way she's beside him." I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment.

"What exactly are you implying?"

"You know damn what I'm implying." Chloé said. "She's making a move on our man." My mouth dropped open.

"Oh my gosh- not you too! First Juleka and now you! What is with everyone trying to put us together?!" Chloé shrugged, looking down at her freshly painted nails.

"Look, if he's not for you, he's for me. Frankly, he's for anyone except Marinette. After the way she treats you, and the way you let her, pff." She scoffed, rolling her eyes. "I can't believe you let her get away with murder Vi, why do you think I have to step in and say something?" I shook my head, leaning against the kitchen counter.