chapter 2: pinky promise

You woke up in the middle of the night. You looked at the clock that was hanging right above doors. It was 3:14 am. Your throat needed some water so you got up and made your way into the kitchen. You tried to be as quiet as possible to not wake up anyone. While you walked through the corridor you saw a light. It came from the kitchen, you started walking a bit faster as you were wondering who was up this late. As you got closer you slowed down. You saw Lloyd with a glass of water in his hand. He seemed pretty sad. To not scare him like the last time you knocked on the door frame which quickly caught his attention.

"Y/n, why are you awake at this hour?"
Lloyd asked.

"I could ask you the same thing"
You answered. He smiled slightly as he took a sip of his water.

"I just needed to take a walk and clear my throat."
He said.

"Is something bothering you? You look sad... I mean you dont have to tell me if you dont want to, I understand. We know each other only for some hours.."
You said. You wanted to help him but at the same time, you didn't want to be annoying.

"It's fine! I just... I just feel like im not enough sometimes..."
He looked down and put his glass in the sink.

"I know what you're talking about... I know how it feels..."
You said.

He gave you a look that said ''tell me more''.

"You know, I was always the worse child. Of course, my parents love me but... They dont think about me the same as they think about Jay. Since he found out about his power and started training to be a ninja, he was the only subject my parents talked about. Only " Jay this" or "Jay that". It's not like I hate Jay, of course not. Im just jealous but I dont want to tell anyone. My parents always thought that im going to be a mechanic like they are and when I said that I want to go with Jay...they were disappointed which was also a reason they didn't want me to go in the first place."
You zoomed out for a while but then noticed Lloyds expression.

"oh sorry! I got carried away, I didn't mean to"
You said as a smiled appeared on your face again.

"It's fine! And I understand how it is when you dont get enough attention from your family. Although I dont have any siblings, my parents left me at this stupid school. Then when Uncle Wu let me live with him and the others I started feeling better, as if I still have someone to count on. It got kinda worst when we found out that I am the green ninja. Dont get me wrong, I dont regret anything. I just lost my whole childhood because of this. I didn't even have time to make friends at my age or do things the other kids did"
He continued.

"I'm sorry..."
You said.

"No need to be sorry really! I feel much better now that I have talked to you, thanks"
He said with a warm smile on his face

This smile made you feel...safe. You didn't know what it is but you felt a connection with Lloyd. It was nice to finally talk about it with someone after all those years.

"Hey...could you please dont tell Jay about what I said? I dont want him to know, he can be overprotective sometimes which is annoying. No offence to him tho''
You laughed a bit.

"Im not going to tell him if you're not going to tell anyone about what I told you!"
He chuckled and pulled his hand with a pinky pointing out.

"Promise?"

"Promise"
You answered.

Both of you stayed up to the morning just talking about things. Comes out that you had many things in common.

After a while, you got back to your room and dressed up before anyone wakes up. Then you made your way to the kitchen again to eat breakfast together with Lloyd. Suddenly someone came in. It was the rest of the boys. You quickly caught their attention.

"You two woked up earlier I see?"
Jay started.

"Yes, "early" "
You laughed to Lloyd, he started giggling as well which made the other boys look at you suspiciously.

After a while, everyone sat together to eat something, although you were already finished with your meal, you stayed and talked with the others. You talked mostly with Lloyd.

"I'm glad Y/n and Lloyd are getting along"
Sensei Wu said to Nya and the rest as he looked at you and your friend.

"Lloyd needed someone who would be more like a friend to him. Someone exactly like her."
He continued.

Everyone was now finished with their breakfast so it was time for their morning training. Everyone got up on the bounty deck. Of course, you also wanted to be a part of the training but Jay didnt let you do the same things as they did.

"Hmm okay look Y/n. If you will be able to beat my push-ups score *cough* which is 557 *cough* then I can ask Sensei if you can also try our training!"
Jay said proudly being sure you weren't able to do such a thing, but you were determined to do this anyway so you stretched a little first.

"Bet."
You said and started doing push-ups.

Boys were focusing on what Sensei Wu was saying but they could overhear you whispering things like "100, 101" which was already pretty impressive for them.

Time was going on, ninjas already finished their practice. Lloyd immediately walked to you and sat beside you to motivate you.

"499, 500..."
You continued counting.

"Come on Y/n only a bit more!"
Lloyd started cheering you up which helped a lot.

Your arms felt like they were burning but you wanted to show that you're as good as jay...no no as good as jay but better than Jay. Suddenly when you got to 509 your arms got out of control, they felt like jelly and you automatically fell on your chest. Your heavy breathing was hearable from at least 5 meters.

"I told you! You're not able to beat my score!"
Jay laughed as he got inside again.

Lloyd looked at you and smiled.

"Don't worry! Next time im sure you will get it!"
He cheered.

"Thank you, Lloyd."
You answered as you slowly started getting up from the ground.

Suddenly you heard a familiar voice from behind you.

"Hey, I made you some lemonade"
You turned around and saw Kai standing with one glass of lemonade which has ice cubes in it.

"Thank you, Kai!"
You quickly started drinking.

"Oh sorry Lloyd we got out of lemons so I wasn't able to make one for you too''
Kai said.

"it's fine, I will go get some water then"
Lloyd said and left you with Kai. He sat next to you.

"So...I see that you and Lloyd are getting along"
He started.

"Yeah! He's nice and we have the same interests!"
You said as you finished your glass of lemonade.

"I get it. Hm...is there any places you want to go? You know we dont have any missions today so we could uh...you know get to know each other better."
He answered. You smiled at him.

You wanted to go to the arcade to play some games since you have been there in ages but you also didn't want to bother others so much.

"Well there is ONE place I would like to go but I dont want to bother you so much"
You said.

"You're not bothering me! I asked you ou- I mean I asked where YOU wanna go so it's fine"
He continued.

"Well the thing is I want to go to the arcade and play some games, I haven't been there in ages."
You said.

"Well, we are going there then!"
He said which made you smile.

"Thank you! I'll go shower first tho, im all sweaty"
You said as you slowly got up on your legs.

"Take your time"