chapter 15: i want a family

You and Morro had to travel again. You didn't like that at all but at some point, you felt more comfortable like this than actually helping him by using your power. You still wanted to know more about what he's planning. You wanted to risk and ask a question but he was faster than you.

"Y/n...what's your favourite colour?"
Morro asked. It was truly an odd question. To be honest you weren't sure at all. You thought about it for a while and concluded that you dont really know what your favourite colour is. Blue, the colour of the sky seemed nice but also snowy white, so mysterious and formal came across your mind. Black, nice and comforting for some reason... In fact, there were two colours you adored, green and red.

"I'd say it's green and red"
You said after a long time of thinking. Morro responded with almost inaudible 'mhm'.

"Why?"
You added. He was silent for a moment and seemed to ignore the question. Suddenly you saw the village surrounded by water, Stiix underneath your feet.

"Finally"
You heard the boy in front of you mumbling. Although he didn't land somewhere in the village but on a tiny mountain right next to the village. On the mountain were only a blossom tree and some grass. Short after the dragon under your butt disappeared, Morro managed to land properly which...well it didn't work out for you. You landed on the hard ground without any notice.

"Ouch! Tell me before the dragon disappears!"
You yelled but Morro didn't seem to care, in fact, he was clearly trying to do something strange. You looked over at him and noticed that a green thing started to come out of Lloyd's body. At first, you were happy because you thought it's the ghost of Morro that was finally leaving but, of course, you were wrong. Morro summoned one of his friends that was a ghost as well. Although you couldn't hear what they talked about, you knew it wasn't anything good. You looked at the village and after a moment you noticed four figures in colourful costumes, of course, it was the other ninjas. Your heart skipped a beat when you saw them. You couldn't see them so well but you were completely sure it was them. It was hard for you not to show the smile that crossed your face. You hoped for the best right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You, morro and some of his 'friends' now stood in front of the sketchy looking shop. Morro punched your shoulder showing you to come inside. You did that and you could immediately feel that something was off about this place. The whole store looked like a bunch of crap. In fact, you could see some cool items here and there but still, most of this was just some junk. You wanted to say something but Morro quickly places his palm on your mouth to avoid any noises. You could see that one of his ghost friends was hiding in the corner of the room with his bow ready to attack. Suddenly you heard footsteps coming from aside. As a tall man with long brown hair came in, a ghost with a bow moved a little bit closer to him which quickly caught his attention.

"W-woah be careful with this! I thought im gonna have a little more time to pay off the debt"
The tall man let out as he laughed nervously.

"Im not here for the money Ronin. Today I came here to take something other."
Ghost with the bow spoked. 'Ronin? I think I've heard this name before' you thought. And now Morro finally let you. He walked up to the tall man from behind, Ronin flinched when he saw him.

"Ah! Lloyd, you're too late, your friends have already been here-"
Ronin said. 'They have already been here...' You thought.

"-Or should I call you for something else..."
He added. You silently watched the whole situation. At first, you wanted to ask this guy Ronin for help but you remembered that one time Cole told you that Ronin isn't a nice guy.

"Who's that?"
Ronin asked and moved towards you.

"None of your business, and don't touch her."
Morro answered angrily.

"Wait...isn't that this one kid that was supposed to join the ninjas? What the hell are you doing here?"
Ronin asked again. You opened your mouth as if you were about to say something but Morro was faster.

"I said none of your business!"
He yelled.

"Woah woah, okay there buddy. Im quite."

"Ninjas has already been here..."
Soul archer muttered.

"Where is the Airjitzu scroll?"
Morro questioned.

"Airjitzu?"
As Ronin said that everyone heard some voices coming from...above you? As you listened closer you recognized the voices, it was the ninjas! It was a perfect chance to be rescued.

"He-!"
You wanted to scream for help but Morro's reflex was faster and he quickly put his palm on your mouth...again.

"Hide! Let the ninjas find the scroll..."
Morro explained and dragged you to some boxes. Suddenly you heard the roof breaking which means ninjas are here now. You tried your best to make as much noise as you can. You started kicking the floor hoping it will get their attention.

"Do you guys hear that-?"
Jay said but a ghost interrupted by attacking him. The whole silence turned into huge chaos. Ghosts started fighting with ninjas and you still laid behind the boxes with Morro. Unexpectedly someone fell into the boxes, it was Cole! Now you were uncovered which was a perfect chance. Cole looked at you and was confused for a moment but then smiled under the hood.

"Y/n!"
He yelled which quickly caught other's attention.

"Fuck"
Morro said under his breath as he stood up showing that he's ready to fight. Now you were finally free and could go back to your friends. You jumped up and ran to Cole to help him up. You could hear Kai, Jay and Zane cheering from the background that you're safe. They beat up most of the ghosts so they joined you two.

"Y/n, I'm so happy to see you again..."
Kai said with a voice crack as if he was tearing up.

"Im happy to see you too hun but we're gonna hug when we're finished with this ghost"
You said grinning proudly with your fists ready to fight.

"Y/n..."
Morro unexpectedly said your name.

"I think you forgot what we talked about before"
He began. Everyone looked confused including you.

"I can do so many things against you right now. I'm in Lloyd's body right?"
Morro continued as his friends used a chance where the ninjas were distracted and took them down. Morro just continued the speech.

"Your friends are here, your brother is here, your 'boyfriend' is here... I can literally do so much right now just to make you stay"
He explained. You could hear your friends struggling to get free from ghost's traps.

"You know I was thinking about it for a while... I was lonely my whole life... Wu was my only family but he didn't understand...he didn't understand the potential o have... Now I want someone to always be on my side and support me no matter what. Isn't that what family does?"
He continued talking messing up your mind again.

"W-what do you mean?"
You stuttered.

"Isn't it obvious? I want a family. I want you."
He said as he moved closer to you and held both your hands.

"I want you to be on my side forever."
His voice was diffrent. Much different. Warm and comforting. At some point, you even felt like it was Lloyd but you knew it wasn't.