Chapter 9: b-o-y-f-r-i-e-n-d

He looked at you nervously. His worried expression quickly changed into a happy one. As a smile appeared on his face he placed his hand on yours.

"So uh...are we like a thing now?"
He asked as he still was kinda unsure of the situation.

"If u wanna make it a thing then what's stopping us?"
You said ironically. Although deep inside you knew exactly what was stopping you. Lloyd. You couldn't stop thinking about it but you played along. You wanted to forget.

"Well, then my lady... Now we are officially a thing AKA a couple"
He said proudly.

Both of you stayed at the roof for a while. You had a great time but well, everything has to come to an end.

Kai's phone buzzed. He quickly got it out, not gonna lie he was a low key phone addict.

"...we should go back, Jay is looking for you"
He said with slight disappointment. You nodded and got up stretching a bit. Not long after both of you were back at the party room. As you stepped in your brother immediately ran up to you.

"Y/n! Thank god! You can't just go somewhere without telling me!"
He gave you a tight and uncomfortable hug.

"Chill your ass down, Jay. Since I joined the team you're being annoying. Im, not a kid anymore."
You said and gently pushed him away. He looked at you and then at Kai.

"...Uh-uh I see you spent TOO much time with Kai"
He said with an annoyed tone. Kai rolled his eyes in response.

"Well Kai is now Y/n's boyfriend so he will spend more time with her"
Kai said about himself in the third person as he put his arm around you. You smiled awkwardly since you weren't expecting for him to say that now. Jay gasped just as Cole did. Nya and Zane were calm for some reason and Lloyd wasn't even there.

"What do you mean by 'boyfriend?!"
Jay said with a louder tone.

" B-o-y-f-r-i-e-n-d, boyfriend: person's regular male companion with whom they have a romantic or sexual relationship."
Zane replied and smiled at Jay who seems even more irritated. Nya giggled a bit.

"Exactly, thank you Zane"
Kai added. Jay started mumbling something impossible to understand in a mad voice.

"Jay I think there's no need to be so angry"
Cole put his arm on Jay's shoulder and smiled. Of course, he started arguing. You took a chance to look around. As your eyes scanned almost the whole room you couldn't find Lloyd which was odd.

"Hey guys, where's Lloyd?"
You asked still looking around.

"He said he's not feeling well so he got home earlier."
Nya said. You worried a bit.

"Oh okay...''
You said and looked down.

The night was beautiful. Everyone had to fun at the party. Although something was bothering you, you couldn't tell what it was. It was very late now so everyone agreed to go home and finally rest.

You stepped inside your room waiting for Nya to finish showering so that you can go as well. You sat down but a weird noise started fussing you. The sounds came from outside the bounty so you looked out of the window and saw Lloyd training or more like punching air furiously. 'What in the hell is he doing’ you thought. As you watched him you noticed he was really tired and out of breath so you decided to bring him something to drink but also have a chance to talk with him. You did as you planned and took a bottle of water and ran outside. Bounty was landed in a place outside Ninjago where it was not many people around especially at this hour so you could peacefully talk with him. As you stepped closer you thought about how to start a good conversation.

"Hey, Lloyd!"
You yelled and ran up to him. He turned around still panting. As you were closer to him you could smell caramel. He always smelled like this for some reason.

"Y/n? Shouldn't you be sleeping?"
He asked slowly and strangely looked around as if he was making sure no one was watching you.

"I could ask you the same. I want to shower before I go to sleep but Nya is there right now so im waiting. Isn't it a bit too late for training?"
You said and handed him a bottle of, water. Finally, a little smile appeared on his face.

"Uh... I just wanted to... You know check some new moves."
He said and grinned awkwardly.

"New moves you say? Well, you looked like you wanted to punch a fly that was flying around."
You crossed your arms and smiled teasingly.

"Wait! You watched me!? Well, that's just embarrassing."
He replied. You laughed a bit.

"So... What's bothering you? You seem down"
You asked. He looked at you and then at the ground.

"Nothing! Just...life's just getting hard you know...''
He said.

"did something happened?"
You asked but h just gave you a look which said that he does not want to talk about that.

"You dont have to tell me if you dont want to''
You added smiling a bit. He nodded and smiled back. Now it was good 5 minutes of awkwars silence. Both of you just looked at the sky. It was pretty nice but the awkwardness was bothering you.

"So... You and Kai are official now, huh?"
He finally spoked.

"Yeah, we are haha... Wait how do you know?"

"Jay texted me right away, he said 'i can't believe this dickhead is dating my sister blah blah blah'"
Lloyd replied mimicking Jay's voice and you started laughing.

''He annoys me in the last time. He's being overprotective and clingy...and like, he dates Nya who is Kai's sister!...well now when I thought about it it's kinda weird...anyway, he's just pissing me off."
You said with an irritated expression.

"Don't blame him too much Y/n... He's like that because he cares about you. Since Sensei Wu decided that you'll be a ninja too, Jay is freaking out. He's scared he will lose you."
He explained. Now when you thought about it, you felt bad for Jay. You gave Lloyd a sad but understanding look.

"You're right... I think I should appreciate him more...''
You answered which he just smiled at. Lloyd stood up and pulled his hand out to help you get up as well. You accepted the offer. As he pulled you up you heard a familiar voice.

"Hey, kids! It's late! Bed, now!"
You turned around and saw Jay standing on the Bounty deck with his hands on his hips, he looked like a middle-aged mom which was just hilarious. You and Lloyd looked at each other and started laughing and short after ran back to inside the bounty. Jay gave you a mad look. He was probably still angry about the fact you're together with Kai now but you just smiled at him brightly.

"...what?"
He asked and turned around to see if there was someone behind him.

"Is there something on my face...?"
He added and looked in the mirror but couldn't see anything that would make you laugh or even smile.

You looked up at him and gave him a warm hug.

"Thank you for everything Jay."