Chapter 7: personal therapist

You heard loud noises and then screaming. Although you were half asleep you could recognize who's the voice it was. Of course, you knew since you lived with this person your whole life. Your brother Jay. You slowly opened your eyelids forcing yourself to get out of the bed. You followed your daily routine. Wake up, get to the bathroom, wash yourself up and go to the kitchen. While you step through the corridor you could hear the sound of the wooden floor cracking slightly. For some reason, it relaxed you while the others were annoyed by this. When you entered the kitchen your eyes went on two boys fighting with cooking supplies. It was Jay and Cole.

"Y/n! Perfect timing! Could you tell Cole that pancakes are better without the syrup?!''
Your brother asked. You were truly disappointed with how childish they were.

"I don't wanna be a part of this''
You replied with a sleepy voice. While they were still arguing you took a glass and poured water into it. Boys finally stopped arguing and continued minding their own business. You spaced out still holding the glass which caught Jay's attention. Like a good brother, he must do something.

"You okay?"

"Oh yeah I'm fine, just a slight headache"

"You can ask Sensei Wu if he has some tea for it. He has a tea for everything. I hope you'll be okay later, you can't party with a headache"
He said and put his arm on your shoulder.

"Wait, party?"
You questioned

"Yeah, the president invited us to some fancy party...didn't kai told you about it?"

"Oh! Yeah he did, I forgot. What do you wear to dancy parties?"
You weren't sure what people wear this on kind of events since you have never been in one.

"You know...fancy clothes! Like suits, dresses etc. Im sure Nya will help you with it"
He said. You nodded and finished your glass of water. To be honest you were unsure about this whole party thing. You feel like everything is going so fast. It feels like as if you were saying goodbye to Jay like yesterday and now you're a part of the team. You sighed and put the empty glass into the sink then left to look after Nya. You knocked at the door from her room.

"Come in!"
You heard so you opened the doors.

"Oh hey Y/n! Do you need anything?"
She asked with a smile.

"Well, there's a thing... I dont want to bother you so if you dont agree it's fine! But the thing is I have no idea what people wear for those parties so...could you help me?"
You explained.

"Of course sweetie, I can borrow you one of my dresses, im sure it will look good on you"

She led you in and opened her closet. Her eyes were jumping from you to the dresses for a couple of times until she finally picked one up.

"This one will look great!"
She cheered and passed you one of the red dresses. You started undressing to try the dress on. It was awkward so you wanted to start a conversation but Nya did it for you.

"So, you and Kai?"
She giggled.

"Oh! Uhm no! Or maybe... Well not exactly but uh... I don't even know..."
You got nervous while she was calm as ever.

"No worries, you can tell me what's on your mind. I'm not going to judge you or tell anyone so feel free if you want to talk"
This calmed you down.

"Well...it's embarrassing to say but I like two boys actually..."
You looked down.

"Lloyd and Kai right?"
She asked. You quickly looked up at her.

"How do you know?!"

"I'm pretty good at observing people"
She replied.

"Well...yeah I like them both but now that I know Lloyd likes someone else I guess its time to move on...and to I guess Kai feels the same way for me so I'm looking forward to... You know. But even tho I still think about Lloyd all the time..."
You felt better now that you told a girl about this. She will understand you better.

"I know what you talk about. I was in a familiar situation before with-''

" Cole and Jay."
You continued. She smirked.

"And how do you know about that?"
She said with her smile never disappearing from her face.

"I'm Jay's personal therapist"
You explain.

"Well, that explains many things... Going back to the story my situation was a bit different since they both liked me and were sure about their feelings"
Nya continued.

"Why did you chose Jay?"
You asked.

"Well i was in love with him from the first time I saw him and even if i was telling myself that I don't, deep inside I always knew I do."
She said and finished zipping the zipper on the dress.

"Now now, look at you! You look beautiful"
She said and pointed at the mirror in front of you. When you looked at yourself you felt...really pretty and more confident.

"Thank you Nya, thank you for the dress but also a talk"
You thanked her.

"Any time, if you need any help with hair or makeup or just want to talk with someone, just hit me up."
You smiled and nodded. After that, you got back to your room still having the dress on yourself. Even tho the party starts 18:00 a clock and it's still a pretty long time to it, you decided to not take the dress off but stay in this whole day.

You spent the whole day scrolling through your phone or re-reading your comics. Pretty boring day.

You looked at the clock, it was 17:02. Perfect time to get yourself ready. You once again made your way to Nya's room hoping she wouldn't mind helping you. You knocked at the door. When Nya opened them you saw her in a beautiful light-blue dress.

"Woah, you look so pretty Nya"

"Thank you! I usually wear red dresses like the one I borrowed you but Jay wanted us to match this time for some reason"
She said and let you in.

"Could you help me with the make up stuff?"
You asked kinda embarrassed.

"Of course. Sit here and I will do the work"
She smiled at you and began putting something on your face. You felt brushing, wiping, rubbing on your face.

Some minutes went on and when Nya finally summed that she's finished, she gave you a little mirror so you can look at the art she has done on your face, and you gotta admit that she did a perfect job. You couldnt believe you're looking at yourself.

''Woah...thank you so much!"
You said and hugged her.

"No problem!"
She said as doors suddenly opened.

"Hey Nya, can I borrow your-"
It was Kai. He stopped when he saw you which made you kinda embarrassed. He was wearing a red suit with black pants. He looked good as hell.

"-Hairbrush..."
He continued.

"Y/n...you look...beautiful."
He just couldn't take his eyes off of you. You rubbed back of your head.

"Thank you! You too..."
You responded. Nya handed Kai her hairbrush so he quickly fixed his hair.

"Well I see you two are matching"
Nya said and winked at you. At this point, you knew that she choosed this dress for you on propose.

"Well yeah..."
Kai said with sparkly eyes.