how is everyone?

i'm well aware that it's been a rough time throughout quarantine. right now, arguably even more so for everyone in the USA and everything going on politically. the future is uncertain, and everything is scary right now, but we'll get through this.

so how are you? please answer honestly, and feel free to vent however much you need to. i'll be in the comments replying to all of you.

it's been a while, but i'll give you an update on how i'm doing, i guess. the answer is alright. i'm not really up to too much. i just finished a book called Agnes at the End of the World, which was about a girl living in a cult, true faith (i'm not religious, but it was interesting), and how important it is to question things around you/think critically about what you see & believe. if anyone's looking for an interesting book that's well written, i recommend it.

i haven't read unlocked yet (don't spoil it for me!) but i'm thinking that i might get to it this weekend. if that happens, i'll definitely come back & make a post on SC letting all of you know of my thoughts! i'd love to have a discussion and hear your thoughts/opinions on the book once i'm done with it, absolutely. as some of you might now, i was the furthest thing from a fan reading nightfall and flashback, but legacy really saved the series for me as far as the writing went. i fell in love with the series a little bit again. i just love shannon's writing style at the end of the day, even if it's not her best work. it's crazy to me that kotlc is coming to an end.

beyond my reading habits (reading off wattpad is something i almost never do these days, but i'm starting to do it more again), i've just been writing & editing my book TBF. i actually recently finished it, but there's a good amount of work that goes into uploading chapters. i still have to proofread everything.

my patreon is a lot of work, but it's a passion project i really love at the end of the day. it makes me really happy when someone pledges, even if only for a month. it feels like someone tipping me for my work, in a way, and it fills me with warmth that anyone would care.

one of my favorite things to do sometimes is just to read through & reply to the comments i get. if there's ever a day where i'm unable to do that, i think it'll just make me incredibly sad. sometimes it's calming just to go through it as a process, and laugh with strangers on the internet about something you both know about. i love our community, honestly. there are some toxic people, but at least on the sokeefe side of the fandom, everyone seems really kind and loving. it's like i struck gold with the people i ended up interacting with.

i think i kind of got off topic. sorry about that. in a way, this is kind of like journalling to me, where i can just sit here and spill my guts and feel like you guys kind of get it. it's nice. is there anyone that still reads this book? i don't post much in terms of announcements and things here anymore.

so,,, kotlc is being turned into a live action movie and batman is the director. how do we feel about that? i think they should've made it an animation. i'm super scared they're going to screw it up the way they did PJO or something. kotlc deserves hp delivery, if you ask me. i don't know how i feel overall. i'm excited to see what they do with it, but i'm going to be pretty pissed if they don't carry it out well and ruin the series, haha. idk if that's possible. ruin the series. but you get what i mean.

oh also something i've been kind of concerned about is the lack of diversity in kotlc recently too. anyone share that feeling? i want to make a post on it eventually, but i don't love that we'll probably be seeing the lack of diversity in the movie either. thoughts?

overall, mentally i think i've been pretty okay for the past week and a half. there are ups and downs, y'know? sometimes you just feel worse & that's fine. going back to school after winter break was a mess, haha. i went in the first week and was like a productive machine, then totally crashed and went back to my usual habits of not having any ridiculous amount of motivation or efficiency. i'm proud of my grade comments for the semester, and i've been doing well in school (i'm an A-B student) so i'm rather happy with myself. i know a lot of kids haven't learned well during quarantine, but i've done okay. my heart goes out to anyone who's been struggling with school.