Why did I create a Patreon?

Why did I create a Patreon? For those of you that are unaware, I recently created a Patreon offering exclusive content and more. I just thought that since I did it, I would explain a little bit more for anyone interested.

1. Writing Prioritization

As many of you know, it's been a long-time dream of mine for ages to become a published author, one way or another. In fact, it's one of my only life goals that I'm actually serious about. Getting a Patreon was a way to prove to myself that if just one person were to be interested in supporting me monetarily, I was stepping in the right direction.

2. Plagiarism

Plagiarism on Wattpad – or any online platform – is hard to manage, hard deal with, and a genuine nightmare for an author. I've seen countless authors spanning from 600 followers to thousands take down their entire accounts due to their work being stolen. It's a serious issue for any creator, which easily makes it a serious concern. In having a Patreon, I have ensured that if I were to ever get my account suspended or have Wattpad glitch out and everything be gone, there would be another platform to reach me on. It also assures that if I ever had to take down a book due to plagiarism of any sort I would have a place where I could display it to a more limited audience, this way chances of it happening again would be greatly minimized.

3. Content Expansion

On Patreon, if there was enough interest I would absolutely be able to let readers into the behind-the-scenes creator process, including my first drafts to my last ones, my deleted scenes, rewrites, and more. I'm very much willing to post more about my writing, the way I write, who I am, and anything else people are interested in (within boundaries). Doing this on Patreon would make it so that the entire internet couldn't see, just a select few. That overall makes it a lot more comfortable to share things knowing there's a limited audience. I have a lot of different ideas for things I could do with the platform if there was enough interest.

I'll leave the link to my Patreon as an external link below. I understand that the majority of you are too young to be able to support me on that platform yet but do know that I appreciate any support on there I receive. Even if you can only support me on Wattpad, that means the world to me. Thank you.