12: Arrival

TW body checking

The rest of the Train ride was silent for us. Wilbur came back fine. Schlatt stayed a respectable distance away from me. Niki and I played some minecraft PE for the remainder of the trip. The six hours passed quite fast and soon enough we were getting our bags and entering the station.

We quickly navigated our way through the terminal because we wanted to get into the city and find our air bnb.

We rented a large car and headed out.

The city was just like I imagined. Beautiful. It was made of brick streets and fancy lamps at every block. People were bustling about wrapped in soft jackets and scarfs.

"It's so pretty," Niki commented.

"Yeah, Thank you Will. Really. So so much." I added smiling out of the window.

I didn't notice but Schlatt and Niki did. Will was blushing and smiling like crazy while driving.

"The nav says we're almost there. I'm starving" Schlatt said resting his head on the window.

"Once we get there we'll freshen up and head out for food. Sounds good?" Wilbur responded. We all hummed in response as he pulled over to park.

The air bnb was fabulous. Large windows overlooked the busy city and park. It had 5 bedrooms and a pull out couch, a marble countertop kitchen and 2 bathrooms. More than enough for all of us.

We all headed our separate ways. I went to my bedroom and changed out of my musty travel clothes into something more appropriate for the cold weather and city.

My bedroom was a bit small but I didn't mind. It had lots of windows that showed another part of the park. I stared at the people walking by. I was really excited for this week.

I was startled by a loud knock on my door.

"Come in! Oh hey Will!"

"Hey Ida. We are leaving soon. Like in five? Are you ready?"

"Yep! I'll be right out." I smiled.

He left shutting the door. I was about to leave as well when i saw the full body mirror. How ironic I sighed. I tried my best to just get up and walk out but i couldn't. I found myself staring at my body in the mirror. I wore baggy mom jeans and a heavy sweater. A black turtleneck underneath. It hid my frame.

Slowly I lifted up my shirts to show my exposed stomach. I only had tea today. I knew i should eat but i wasn't making the progress i wanted. Angry with myself for ruining the trip already, I just walked out. Enough of this, I was probably holding everybody up.