1: by the sea

The temperature down by the sea was quite cold. Frigid wind whipped against my dry skin and tangled my hair. I didn't quite mind. I loved going down to the water every once and awhile. It was a chance for me to stare into the dark waves and think. It was a gloomy day, the sun hidden behind gray clouds. The sea was dark as well. It alway was. As much as people tell you the sun is good and clear, aqua water is the best. I always preferred Brighton's rainy days and stormy seas. In fact it had been my dream since I was a child to move to Europe. I had finally made it but not without cost. I lost connections to my family, not like I had wanted to keep any. But I also left my best friend. I wonder sometimes how they're doing. I try to not let it plague my mind for too long.

After moving to Brighton I need money to pay for rent and uni. I met a nice gentleman named Will Gold at a cafe and told him my dilemma. He offered to help jumpstart a career for me. A twitch streamer and a youtuber. It was two months after that discussion and I am rapidly growing on social media. I go by the name and persona 'Sunny' online. It's ironic because i never quite enjoyed the sun, but i guess my personality was quite...sunny. I had about 300k followers on twitch and almost 500k on youtube. I had grown really fast thanks to the help of Wilbur and His friends.

I sat now on rocky ground, the tide crashing down a few meters ahead of me. Wilbur had planned to meet me here with some friends. I had gotten here early to set up and just enjoy some time by myself, but it was nearing 1:30 and they would be arriving soon.

" Ida!!" A voice shouted from behind me. I quickly turned to see Wilbur accompanied by 2 people. One of them being my close friend charlie. She was my first friend when I moved to Brighton, we had stayed close ever since. Her long ginger hair flew in the wind and her pale green eyes focused on mine. There was also another guy. He was a bit shorter than wilbur with neat, dark brown hair.

"Wilbur, Charlie and...friend, come sit." I motioned for them to sit on the large pink beach blanket. I scooted over so they would have some room. I flashed a quick smile to Charlie who hugged me while sitting down.

"Ida you look great as ever!"

"Why thank you Charlie, I've missed you." I replied. I noticed the man sitting near wilbur slightly fidgeting with his fingers.

"I'm afraid we haven met before, what's your name?" I asked. Him and Wilbur passed a quick glance then he smiled and introduced himself.

" I'm George, a friend of Wilburs."

"Well it's great to meet you George, any friend of Wilburs is a friend of mine!"

We had spent at least an hour at the beach laughing and talking. Wilbur's friend, George seemed very nice. I think he had warmed up to us because he was giggling like crazy at one of Charlie's jokes.

"So George, what do you do as a living?" Charlie asked.

" Oh, uh i- um. I'm a twitch streamer, like Wilbur." He responded. My eyebrows raised at this. Another twitch friend of wilburs? That's cool i guess.

"Hey George, Ida here is a twitch streamer as well. She goes by Sunny." Wilbur added. A look of shock passed his face.

" You're Sunny? My friends are always talking about you. It's great to put the face on the person!" A wave of surprise padded over my face. I realized I hadn't done a face reveal yet. I was planning to do it soon, but i was a bit nervous.

" Oh that's really cool! What's your twitch name?" I asked.

" It's...Georgenotfound." He replied.

I could practically feel my jaw on the ground. I was sitting with Georgenotfound. For some reason I didn't recognize him.

" Wait, you're such a big inspiration to me. I can't believe i didn't recognize you!" I laughed.

" My friend and I have wanted to collab with you for a while, you seem very cool and meeting you in person fortifies that." George said.

I could feel the excitement bubbling in my stomach. His friends wanted to collaborate with ME!! In the midst of my excitement Wilbur started speaking.

" Hey do y'all want to get an early dinner? I'm feeling quite hungry."

All the excitement faded and was replaced with dread. I couldn't go eat with them, but I couldn't just ditch plans. Sighing internally I agreed to go. This would be interesting.