Rude Awakening

"Faster," Danny demanded as I sweated and whimpered helplessly. As he laughed mischievously at my pain, I couldn't help but think of how all my life choices had led to me on the floor humiliating myself in front of Danny at midnight. You're probably wondering too, so let me just explain how it got to this point.

The day had passed pretty much like any other; stressing over online school and the usual day to day stuff. Now it was my sacred nighttime where I usually fell fast asleep after watching a few episodes of Daria or whatever anime I'm indulging at the time. But this particular night was one of those nights where your brain all of a sudden wants to remind you of all the times you've ever fucked up, so you toss and turn but you just can't seem to fall asleep. In the midst of my restlessness, I heard the front gate open. I lived with my family and my room was at the side of the house that was closest to the street. There was also a big window in my room on that side, so whenever the gate opened, I usually heard its creak. My bed was also very close to this window, so I always feared that people could be stalking me from the outside. But it was late at night so I thought it was probably one of the neighbor's cats that roam around here a lot, or at worse it could be a possum who would just look around the trash and then leave.

However, a wave of sheer panic took over my body when I heard a knock at my window. My heart stopped, and my tongue went numb. I shakily got up to sit on the edge of my bed. My whole family was home, so who could possibly be knocking at my window? Did my sister sneak out and need a way back inside? Nah, she probably would've told me beforehand or at least sent a text. When I gathered my bearings, I carefully walked over to the window. Slowly, I peeled back the dark brown, velvet curtain and took a peak. "Oh my god, it's an old man!" I thought when I looked down and saw a person with white hair crouching in front of the part of the window that actually opens. It wasn't until the person looked up that I realized it was my friend Danny!