Reconciliation

I was so embarrassed. I had to leave my room quietly and go to the restroom so I could regain myself. After rinsing my face with some cold water I felt like I could face Danny again.

When I came back into the room, Danny was sitting on the rug again, with his back leaning against the side of my bed. He was wrapped in my blanket and was watching something on his phone. I walked over to him. "Sorry, I'm just not that strong yet," I apologized. "Awe, you don't have to apologize for being a wimp," he joked. I breathed a laugh and softly bonked him on the head. He motioned for me to sit next to him and I did.

He put the blanket over me too and tried to put his arm around me. But as a reflex, I jerked my elbow and ended up kinda jabbing him in the side. I wasn't really used to people being close to me or showing me physical affection (thanks dad) so he kind of took me by surprise. "Oh uhm- I'm so sorry Danny, I really didn't mean to-" I said, swiftly. "Well damn girl, I was just trying to be nice!" he said, taken aback. "I'm just not used to people doing that sort of thing. You can go ahead though, I won't hit you, I thought you were trying to fight me or something," I said.

So we sat there on my rug, enclosed in the cozy, fur blanket. We were watching a YouTube video that was ranking the members of the Uchiha Clan. I was so close to Danny that I could smell him; he smelled pretty masculine but there was also a subtle undertone of something sweet and pure, like a baby fresh out of a bath. At first I was kind of uncomfortable being that close to someone else but then it was actually really nice. A droplet of water fell on his phone screen, and that was when I realized that I was crying...? Danny saw too, but he just gave me a reassuring smile and rubbed my back. I guess I was just emotional because I never realized how much I needed a friendship like the one I have with Danny. I avoided crying in front of people, not because I didn't want to be seen as weak, but because I didn't want to have to start explaining things that I wasn't ready to explain, or that they wouldn't understand. I also didn't want people to tell me to stop crying, but luckily with Danny, he understood that it was okay to just let people cry sometimes, and that I was perfectly okay. I was very grateful for this moment of platonic love.

We eventually said our goodbyes and Danny left through the window just as quickly as he arrived. I slipped back into my bed and this time had no trouble sleeping at all.

And that was the time that dannyphantom.exe snuck into my bedroom. What did you think was going to happen?