The Game

As I looked at the cards I had drawn, I felt pretty confident. This was not only a game about how quickly you could place cards down, but also about how lucky your hand was and I had a fairly decent hand. But still, despite my confidence, my hands were slightly sweaty along the glossy, red and black cards.

We turned over the cards in the middle and I was off to an amazing start, I was putting cards down left and right. Yeah, there's no way I'm gonna get beaten by Danny this time, no way, I thought. This was until about 3/4 way through the game I had no places I could put my cards. My only hope was that Danny would get stuck too, but to my terror he kept going. He had only 4 cards remaining while I had 2, then suddenly he stopped. Yes! He got stuck, hopefully I would get an opening to place my cards when we flipped over the next set. 

We flipped over the next set and... YES there was an opening for one of my cards! I quickly put it down, hoping to secure my victory on the other pile of cards but then suddenly Danny proclaimed "SPEED!" I froze in disbelief and a single bead of cold sweat dripped down the side of my face, "h-how...," I looked down and saw that he had placed down 4 cards in consecutive order; a three, a four, a five, and a six. I had been beaten.

"Mwahaha, you lose yet again!" He teased. He then stood up and did a little victory dance. I buried my face in my hands, I really did not want to lose this time.