...

I finally felt my body relax and I opened the window. "Hey," Danny said casually. "Hey?" I asked irritably, "it's not normal to knock at people's windows at an hour like this, Danny. I could have gone into cardiac arrest." "Sorry, just wanted to come see you," he apologized. "Whatever, you can come inside, but keep your voice down because my family is sleeping." I explained. He agreed and I shut the window after he climbed inside.

"What could you possibly want at this hour, anyways?" I asked. "Oh you know exactly what I want..." he said with a sly grin. I thought for a second. Oh no, he's not seriously thinking of-- my speculation was confirmed when he showed me what was in his back pocket. In what seemed like movie quality slow-motion, he brought out a deck of cards. For the past week, we had been playing card games, and the loser had to do the winner's request. We played yesterday and Danny requested that he be able to come to my house anytime he wanted, which of course, is why he has now chose the worst hour to come and play again.

"My gosh, Danny please, not-""Shhh," he interrupted. "Just shut up and play, please. Or are you scared that you're gonna loose... again!" He laughed. "Oh please, I swear I let you win last time," I argued. He shook his head and sat on my vintage-looking floral rug. He began to shuffle the cards and I sat down too. I asked him what we were gonna play when started arranging the cards. "Speed," he told me. 

(here's a link to the game rules if you've never heard of Speed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqtuntlmn6U 

"Then you've already lost, boy." I joked. "You sure talk a lot of shit for someone who loses so much," he laughed. "That's cuz you cheat, you donut!" I complained. After some playful trash-talking back and forth, we finally started playing the game.