Chapter 24

Zuko's POV:

It's been a few days Yara left the ship and nothing had been the same ever since. The crew was devastated after her departure which was no surprise to me.

She had a strong bond with all of them and always had a way to boost their morale. The crew was glad to have a person as enthusiastic as uncle. Well, she was the one who suggested group events for them...

Lieutenant Jee practically fumed when he learned about the situation. I couldn't blame him though. They were all determined to protect her, like I wanted to...
__________

"Prince Zuko, I request you to reconsider your decision..." Jee said angrily and was interrupted by his son, Fai.

"Yara would never do such thing! I'm going to get to the bottom of this. Prince Zuko, who told you that she was a spy?!" Fai demanded.

"Prince Zuko, you really think the whole spy story will convince the crew?!" uncle scoffed, announcing his presence, "It takes more than a stupid accusation to wipe off their attachment and respect for Yara. She's made quite an impression among us"

I sighed and hung my head in embarrassment. Uncle was right. The crew loved and trusted Yara and it was stupid of me to accuse her...

"Go ahead and tell them the truth" I muttered and then turned to Lieutenant Jee, "From now on, the crew should pretend that she was never on the ship"

I gestured uncle to fill in Jee and Fai on what happened and stormed off the room.

It was too painful to relive the moment...
__________

Even uncle seemed really upset and he had every right to be. Yara and uncle were so fond of each other and they were almost inseparable. He saw her as his own daughter and it nearly broke him when I informed she left. Uncle was still disappointed at my decision but I had no other choice.

I crossed my arms against my chest and rested my back on the wall as I sat on my bed. It all felt so empty... so lonely without Yara. And I couldn't focus on the Avatar ever since she left.

Whenever I walk around the ship, a part of me desperately hoped I'd see her... walking up to me with her signature smile. I've been avoiding the war room as it brought back memories of her. Not to mention my chamber, where I was emptily staring at the wall.

Her contagious smile, her voice, her familiar scent of lavender and firewood, the feeling of her being close to me... I miss it all

I miss her...

The night before things turned out to be the worst, I was holding Yara close to me. She was mine and I was hers. I said nothing would ever change between us. What a spectacular lie that was!

I let out a heavy sigh, trying to shake off my thoughts when I heard the door open. My head instinctively turned to the direction, a part of me desperately wanting to see someone who'd never show up.

Well, Yara values her morale and self-respect more than anything. And I hit her right where it hurt the most...

Uncle was standing by the door. He's been trying so hard to boost the crew's morale. So uncle planned to have a music night and insisted me to join them. But I had a lot going on my mind lately.

"For the last time, I'm not playing the Tsungi horn," I huffed and turned my head.

"No, it's about our plans. There's a bit of a problem" uncle stated and I heard footsteps from his direction.