Chapter 28

Yara's POV:

After composing ourselves and drying our clothes, we made our way to Agni knew where. I had no idea but Zuko's instinct made him go on a path, so I followed him.

I took the time as an opportunity to take in the view. The Northern Water Tribe...

No outsider has stepped in for over a century but here I was! I had to admit, it was breathtaking! Each and every part of the place was made of ice. It was all beautifully sculpted and I could barely keep my eyes off the buildings. I was lucky enough to have witnessed this place...

Just then, we stopped on our tracks as a giant icy wall stood in front of us. "We need to get past the wall" Zuko stated, his eyes focused on the wall. But how?!

Soon enough, an idea crossed my mind and I pointed at the rope Zuko had, "How strong is this?"

"Strong enough" he replied, absent-mindedly.

I took an arrow from my quiver and turned to him, "Give it to me"

Zuko stared at me, confused, then seemed to understand as he immediately handed me the rope.

I tied it to the end of the arrow and made sure it was tight. I then drew my bow with the arrow and knocked it to the top of the wall. Once it struck the target, I pulled the rope, making sure it was strong enough to hold us.

Zuko started to climb first and I prayed to Agni for him to reach the top safely. And he did!

I then saw him untie the rope from the arrow, leaving me confused. He then gestured me to climb as he held the rope down for me.

"Why would you do that?" I asked in a confused tone once I reached the top.

"I heard the wall crack numerous times while climbing up. I didn't want to take any risks" he muttered, his face a bit flushed. I smiled at how protective he was...

"How 'bout some quiet?! C'mon guys! I can hear every word you're saying"

I would recognise the voice from anywhere. Aang... The Avatar!

Zuko's face turned serious as we looked down the other side of the wall. There he was, Aang, along with Katara, the Water Tribe girl and another girl who I didn't recognise. Her hair was white... like white! It looked stunning!

What amazed me the most was the place they were in! It looked like an Oasis surrounded by grass. It was absolutely beautiful and I admired it with my mouth agape.

"Yara..." I was brought back to reality by Zuko's voice. "You stay here and cover for me and the perimeter" he instructed and I nodded in approval.

Zuko was about to leave when I tugged his arm, "Just be careful, okay?"

"It's just the Water Tribe girl" he scoffed and got up. But I tugged his arm again and made him kneel so I could look at him.

"Just... don't do anything I wouldn't, alright?" I whispered, uncertainty filling my voice.

Though Zuko was after Aang and his friends, I never saw them as enemies. I never wanted to hurt them. And I couldn't stand watching Zuko hurt them. But he wouldn't...

Zuko looked at me intently and then in an instant, he brought his hand to my face and leaned in for a kiss!

I was stunned at the moment as it was totally uncalled for! His soft lips sent a wave of warmth throughout my body. The kiss felt like assurance... and I trusted him.

But he pulled away before I could return the kiss. His hand lingered on my flushed face before nodding and left to get Aang.

I shook my head and turned my attention to the trio. Katara and the girl were talking while Aang was meditating in his Avatar State. From studying all the scrolls back at the Royal Library, I guessed that he was currently in the Spirit World.