Chapter 3: The shining Beacon

((Y/N)'s Pov)

The ride on the Bullhead took us three hours. Once we landed at Beacon, Professor Ozpin said goodbye and departed to his office. I had some time left, so I started walking around the school grounds. There were lots of people around and I was somehow really excited about joining this prestigious academy. Not long after I checked out one of the parks, I heard an explosion. Curious, I walked over tho see what happened. "Unbelievable! This is exactly the kind of think I was talking about.", the white haired girl snapped at the girl with a red cape. "I'm really, really sorry.", she apologized, but the other girl kept scolding her. That's when I decided to step in: "Excuse me, do you mind filling me in on what happened here?" The girl in white turned to me and her eyes went wide. "Y-you are a peacock faunus.", she said in awe, "A pure-blooded warrior. Ahem, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Weiss Schnee, heiress of the Schnee Dust Company." I nearly flinched at that name. I had a very bad memory about the SDC.

Flashback, 5 years ago

Me and Adam were walking through a forest in Atlas. He wanted to show me something, after I said something, that seemed to upset him: "I don't think all humans are bad. Why can't we try to reason with some of them, with the Schnees, for example. As soon as I said that, every Faunus around stared at me pitifully. That's why we were walking through the snow on the Atlesian continent right now. After a while, we stopped on a small meadow. "Wait here.", Adam told me and ran into the forest. I sat down on a rock and waited. After half an hour, I heard something behind me. I turned around, expecting Adam to come out of the bushes. Instead, five men came out. One of them said: "Look at this, a little Faunus, all alone in the wilderness." They began to surround me and I got nervous. "What do you want?", I asked. Suddenly, one of them grabbed me by the hair and pulled me up. I cried out in pain. "That's not how a lowly animal is supposed to talk to its masters.", the fat one said, "But you'll learn that soon enough at the mines." They began to drag me and I began screaming for help. Then I got hit by the one with the large beard. "Scream however you want, no one will hear you. you now belong to the Schnee Dust Company." Despair began to overtake my mind, but then I heard a too familiar voice: "I wouldn't be so sure about that." Adam jumped from a tree above us and slashed at the group. They couldn't defend themselves because of Adam's speed and soon, they all were dead on the ground. "Adam sheathed his katana and told me to follow him quietly. we crawled to on a hill, from where I could see a truly horrifying sight. Faunus of all kins were chained together and forced to work. The overseers were all humans and some robots. I was terrified. "This is why we can't bargain with the humans.", Adam spoke up, "Especially with the Schnees. Always remember that the Schnees are the worst of all humanity." That sight stayed forever craved in my mind: Faunus, chained and bloodied, being forced to work by humans with the snowflake emblem and the letters SDC.

Flashback end

"You mean to tell me that you don't know anything about the peacock Faunus, you dolt?", The bickering went on, "Peacock Faunus' are known for their tradition as legendary warriors! Just look at him!" The Schnee began looking at me with stars in her eyes. "He's a perfect representative of his kind, not to mention that he is also a white peacock, a very rare variant of..." "Did you examine me good enough yet?", I interrupted her, "Do you think you will be able to recognize me the next time we meet?" Weiss averted her gaze, embarrassed by the situation. In order to hide it, she began scolding on the silver eyed girl again. The said girl tried to defend herself: "Hey, I said I was sorry princess." "It's heiress, actually.", a new voice interrupted them, "Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee Dust Company, one of the largest producers of energy propellant in the world."  A black haired girl came to us, with a dust vial in her hands and looked at Weiss. She oddly smelled like a cat. "Finally, some recognition", Weiss said with pride inter voice. But her ego was deflated by the black haired girls next words: "The same company infamous for its controversial labor forces and questionable business partners." Weiss looked offended. "What? How dare... The nerve of... Ugh!" She grabbed the dust vial and walked away angrily. "I promise I'll make it up to you!", little red shouted after her, then she turned to me. 

"So... Whats your name? I'm Ruby by the way. Ruby Rose.", she said. "(Y/N) (L/N).", I replied, "Mind telling me what happened?" Ruby looked ashamed and said: "I accidentally bumped into her luggage and caused a little explosion." I wanted to say something, but got interrupted by a male voice: "Hey you two, I'm Jaune" A blonde boy stopped in front of me and Ruby. "Aren't you the guy that threw up on the ship?", she asked amused. "Hey, I have motion sickness.", Jaune exclaimed offended. I chuckled and said: "Allright, Vomit Boy." "Oh, come on!", he said with an annoyed expression, "All I'm saying is that motion sickness is a much more  common problem tan people let on." Ruby smiled and responded: "But it fits somehow." Jaune looked at her and countered: "Oh yeah? What if I called you Crater Face?" "Hey!", Ruby shouted, "That explosion was an accident." "Sure it was.", I mumbled, amused by the conversation "It really was!", Ruby pouted. Cute, was the only thing I could think about it. "Well",  Jaune continued, "The name's Jaune Arc. Short sweet, rolls of the tongue, ladies love it." "Do they?", me and ruby asked in unison. Jaune replied quickly: "They will. Well I hope they will... What are your names, by the way?" "My name is (Y/N) (L/N), hers is Ruby Rose", I said, earning a light punch into the shoulder from Ruby. "I can talk too, you know.", she stated, clearly irritated, then she asked, "What kind weapons do you have? I got this." Ruby reached behind her back and pulled out a red scythe, which seemed to be way too big for her. "Whoa!", Jaune shouted surprised, " Is that a Scythe?" Ruby nodded and said proudly: "It's also a customizable, high impact velocity sniper rifle." "A what?", Jaune asked confused. "It's also a gun.", I decided to answer. "Oh, That's cool.", was Jaune's reaction.  Ruby looked at me. "What weapons do you have?", she asked, her curiosity was very visible. While we talked, we began to wander around the school grounds. I reached behind my back and pulled out Glory and Pride.

 I reached behind my back and pulled out Glory and Pride

"These are glory and Pride. I made these two war fans out of my own feathers, just like my father, and his father before him. It's a tradition that I will pass on to my heir with pride", I said calmly. All peacock Faunuses, including me, had a very strong reliance to our traditions. They are the pride of our kind. They belong to us just like Pride. "Wow!", The silver eyed girl said in awe, "I also made my weapon myself." "Wait.", Jaune exclaimed shocked, "You made that?" Ruby nodded and responded: "Of course! All students at Signal forge their own weapons. Speaking of which, What does your fancy sword do, Jaune?" "Actually, It's just a normal sword but the scabbard can turn into a shield.", he answered. "Well, I like it.", Ruby stated, "Not many people have appreciation for the classics these days." Yeah, the classics.", he muttered. Ruby suddenly asked: "Hey, where are we even going?" Jaune looked clueless and answered: "Oh, I dunno, I was following you." I sighed and motioned them to come with me. 

To be continued...