Chapter 1: Hunting Grimm

(Y/N) Pov 17 years old
I've been walking through the forest of forever fall and searched for the grimm the village chief paid me to exterminate. The monster has been spreading destruction and fear for too long. It has been seven years, since Sienna found me and gave me a new chance in life. She taught me more about fighting and aura, so I was able to successfully defend myself against her and Adam Taurus at the same time. Suddenly I heard something and froze immediately. Right in front of me was a small clearing and in the middle of it stood my target.

When they said that it was a giant pig, I didn't think it was that big

When they said that it was a giant pig, I didn't think it was that big. The boarbatusk was five times bigger than me and I threw away the idea of a melee attack. Instead of it I used my eyes to create a silver bow and arrow in my hands. I discovered this power that fateful day, when I lost my parents.

Flashback

I didn't know how long I ran, but I knew that if I stopped, I would immediately become food for the grimm behind me

I didn't know how long I ran, but I knew that if I stopped, I would immediately become food for the grimm behind me. But before I could do something a beowolf pounced at me and nailed me to the ground. I was scared for my life, but I only could scream: "Go away!" the grimm opened its mouth in order to end my life, but I suddenly felt power. I was immense and it brought up all the happy memories of my family. I felt so loved. I saw my father's face as he said:" Our family has been fighting the darkness for generations and our duty is to continue our tradition." I can't die here, I need to continue the family tradition. I took control over the energy and lead it towards the monster. The beowolf roared in pain as a silver light appeared in the countryside and turned it to dust. After a few minutes I figured out how to use and control the power. An ability which was my biggest weapon for the next two months .

I aimed at the belly of the oversized boarbatusk and released the arrow.
The grimm let out a pain filled scream, as the arrow pierced though its skin and started to glow. I quickly ran towards the dying colossus and as it was about to dissolve I used my devourer semblance to absorb whatever was left of it. When I was fourteen years old I figured out that I could absorb dissolving grimm and gain unique abilities. As I was thinking about it, a memory flashed through my mind, the very first time I devoured a grimm.

Flashback
I walked besides a black haired woman with amber eyes and a red dress.

We met at a bar in Mistral and quickly became friends

We met at a bar in Mistral and quickly became friends. She wasn't like the other humans, she seemed to respect me and was very kind to me. After two weeks she asked me to help her with a problem. I accepted without having second thoughts and went with her to the forest. We were walking for an hour as she raised her hand, telling me to stop and be quiet. In front of us stood an pack of grimm. I saw beowolves, an Ursa Major and something that looked like gorilla

 I saw beowolves, an Ursa Major and something that looked like gorilla

"I spotted these some days ago. If we don't dispose of them, the villages nearby will have trouble." I nodded and prepared Glory and Pride, activating the dust within them. She drew her scimitars and together we attacked the pack. In the middle of the battle Cinder said: "What about your semblance? Do you think it could be effective against them?" I didn't tell her what exactly my semblance was, but her question made me curious. What would happen if I... I activated my semblance and touched the nearest disappearing grimm. The particles immediately entered my body and I though I was going to vomit. But after a second the feeling went away. I looked for the next grimm to kill, only to notice that they weren't attacking me, only Cinder. One of them went behind her and prepared to jump. I stretched my hand and ran towards them. Meanwhile a grimm looking scythe formed in my hand and as I reached Cinder I stabbed the beowolf with it.

A smile came across my face, as I remembered this moment. How foolish and trusting I was. I turned around and walked towards the village. When I reached it, the chief welcomed me with open arms. "Good job. This grimm was destroying our farms for a long time.", he stated, as I received my payment, "It's good that people like you are traveling around." I thanked him for the compliment and went out of the town hall, but something stopped me. There was a bullhead in front of the building and there also stood a man with grey hair, glasses and a cane.

He approached me and said said: "I must admit that I am impressed by your fighting skills, Mr

He approached me and said said: "I must admit that I am impressed by your fighting skills, Mr. (L/N)."