You're Not Important.....

"Hey, isn't that Percy Jackson? The weird kid that came for a month and disappeared ?" 

" But......what happened to him? He seems different. He used to have a lone wolf sort of aura.......now its more like......" 

"Badboy vibes?" 

"Something's definitely changed.....Do you think I should go ask for his number?" 

"Whoa, he's so hot, how have we never noticed him before?"

Percy smirked as he pushed back his hair before walking (aka strutting ) toward his locker winking at two girls who seemed like they would pass out any moment now. He heard everything of course and was extremely satisfied that this was the reaction he got. Looking flirtatiously toward another girl he'll probably never remember, he put his books in and was just about walk ( ahem!, strut ) to his first class when a girl who seemed like the cliche popular girls walked upto him, holding out her sickeningly glittery but undoubtedly expensive phone toward him, when looked at questioningly, she simply smiled as she pushed the phone toward him. 

"Your number babe, can't let you just leave without taking your number first.....what if you disappear again?" At that she let out a hyena like laugh and looked at him through her thick lashes. Resisting the urge to throw up from all the perfume around Percy smiled back at her and hesitatingly took her phone ,"Well darling, here was me just about to ask the same. Can't let a.......ahem beauty like you just  ummm float away?" Entering his number after switching just a digit (no one needs to know ;P)

He smiles again and turns away, desperately breathing in fresh air. As he was trying to expel all of the poison from his lungs a flash of brown interrupted his vision. When he looked down questioningly, all he got was big stomp from a very hard boot. Yelling as he clutched his foot, he looked upward to shout at the owner, when he was met with the most gorgeous girl he had ever seen in his life (though he hadn't really seen that many gorgeous girls) She had brown eyes, a slightly upturned nose, copper-colored skin, and long, dark hair that gave her the impression of a Persian princess.

He was still gaping when another smack on his head stopped his appreciative monologue of the  said beautiful girl. "Did you even listen to a single word that I just said?" Swallowing and trying to focus and work his mouth properly, Percy simply settled for nodding his head. She huffed and Percy suddenly found it hard to look away. "SERIOUSLY?!! WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU? YOU OVERGROWN BABY!" Snapping out of his daze Percy finally tried to form words. "Umm I'm sorry but....who are you?"

Zoe opened and then closed her mouth again. She then blinked and gave another smack, earning a satisfyingly indignant shout from the teenager in front of her. "You disappear after a month, no calls, no texts and then you show up LIKE THIS??" Percy pouted dusting off his shirt and looking down at his outfit. "My outfit looks just fine, thank you very much. Now who are you again?.......WAIT! Are you Zoe?" She rolled her eyes and smacked him again. "Of course not! I'm Rebecca!" Percy pouted again as he rubbed his sore head. "Why do you keep hitting me? You said that I didn't give you any calls or texts.....the only person I had saved as HB high was you....B-but I saved you as Zoe. Who's Rebecca?"

Zoe looked and clenched her hands as if praying for patience. Taking a deep breath she looked at the still pouting boy. "I am Zoe. I was being sarcastic. If you saved my number then why didn't you reply to my texts?" Percy then finally looked down and cleared his throat. "No one really knows this but I was in an accident a month ago......I sort of lost all of my memories........I had to stay away from school for a month to recuperate..." Zoe stared at him as if he had gone mad, "WHAT!"

Elsewhere....

"Nico , come on. Don't be like this. Just give him a call. We all know you miss him. We do as well." Nico scoffed and looked away, "Missed? Missed who? Percy?  The bastard who murdered my sister? Who never even visited her once afterwards? The one who never tried to call or apologise? That one?" Thalia rolled her eyes as if listening to the same argument again. "Just give him a call, you know how he is......I bet he will start apologising so hard that you'd feel guilty that you hadn't called earlier......Just please.......its been a month..." 

Nico sighed then slowly picked up his phone, dialing a number he nearly thought he forgot. The dialtone rang and with each ring his onslaught of emotions increased, he felt happy, angry, sad and guilty......all at once. He had left it on speaker for everyone to speak to him and waited for him to pick up. After what seemed like an eternity, as everyone of them held their breath, the dialtone stopped and the voice they hadn't heard in so long rang out. "Hello?" 

No one spoke for a while, still reeling from how much they had missed hearing that voice. "Hello? Hello? Hellooo?" Suddenly snapping out of reverie Nico grabbed the phone, bringing it closer and then cleared his throat. "H-hey. Hi.....Its Nico.." "Uhh I'm sorry Nico who?" It was as if all the anger he had felt earlier came rushing back as he opened his mouth to give Percy an idea of exactly which Nico he was speaking to. Thalia as if sensing this hurriedly snatched the phone and continued. "Wow, you don't speak to us for a month and you forget who we are?" There was a sigh and everyone once more hoped that he was just playing one of his obnoxious jokes again. "I'm sorry I don't know who you are. Please do not disturb me and call me from this number." And then there was a click and almost everyone broke at the same time.

"How dare he.....I don't think he even regrets what happened that day......"Thalia still tried to placate everyone by making excuses but all of them refused to listen and seemed to make up their mind....they do not know a person named Percy Jackson..... They were done.

Meanwhile Percy simply shrugged as he pocketed his phone and entered his house. "I'm home!" Tyson ran and hugged him, his customary greeting as Percy made his was through the kitchen. "What are you making, mom?" The woman smacked his hands as he tried to lick the spoon, "Not until its ready Percy!" Grumbling about how everyone seemed to smack him today he made his way upstairs, when he suddenly grabbed his head as various flashes of memories and excruciating pain seemed to zip by his eyes. 

He distantly heard his mom calling if he was fine. Managing to nod, he dragged himself up and flopped onto his bead after swallowing a Crocin. "Who was that man with a beer bottle and why was that woman crying looking at me?" were his thoughts as he slowly drifted off to sleep.

Later that night

"Poseidon I can't keep doing this! He had another one of those migraines today! How long do you think we can keep this charade up? At some point we will have to admit that he's not actually my child! I did this because I know it wasn't that poor boy's fault that you couldn't keep you dick in your pants but.....what do we say to him once his memories return? How we fooled him and made his believe that I am his mom and how we switched his phone and belongings in order for him to not recall anything! THIS ISN'T PROTECTING HIM!"

"I KNOW THAT AMPHRITITE! I know.....we'll tell him soon.....We will.....I promise"

Amphritite sighed as she let her head fall into her hands, she had let this go too far. Unknowingly she had grown fond of the boy and as much as it gladdened her, hearing him call her mom.....it hurt that it was only because he lost his memories and she knew how much it would hurt him once found out.

She had to tell him, and she had to tell him quickly.......

Also please note that the outfit in the image WAS NOT what he wore. He also didn't have tattoos or a piercing......but the image's concept was what I wanted. I couldn't leave you all hanging and I posted this quickly because I may not post for a while as my exams are coming. Title from Not Important by Iggy Azalea. Hope you enjoyed. Stay safe.

Love,

Persassy