Why would You lie to Me??

Prologue

A young woman who seemed to be in her twenties sighed and reluctantly climbed up the stairs. She was precariously pregnant and each step got a small wince out of her. Taking her keys out with a small frown, she got into her shabby apartment. Sparse with barely any furniture, she pulled up a rickety chair and sat down heavily. Sally rummaged through her purse and put the crumpled bills onto the table. After counting them she dropped her head into her hands as she breathed deeply.

"There was just barely enough for rent and groceries......my due date is in less than three weeks......oh god what will I do.....After the delivery I can't work for at least two weeks...How will I afford...with a baby too......I wish I hadn't-" Sally shook her head with a resolute frown. She wasn't going to blame her child for anything. He was a blessing, she thought to herself smiling faintly as she clutched the blurry ultrasound she had gotten in the first few weeks of her pregnancy.

She hadn't kept in contact with Poseidon. The man had tried to plead with her, offering to even pay for the entire thing but she refused. The pain she felt on learning that he was married was probably nothing compared to what his wife felt. And no matter what, Sally was not going to be the shallow woman taking advantage of him.

Gathering the meagre pile of bills she slowly separated them into two piles, one for spending and one for saving. With a brave smile she turned, shut off the light and waddled into the bedroom which had a threadbare sheet covering it with an expensive silk baby blanket beside it, the only thing she had accepted from Poseidon.

Laying down she closed her eyes with her hand on her swollen belly protectively. Her love for her son that had yet not come into the world was fierce. She'd be damned if she ever let him want for anything. Not if she could help it. "You're mine. My own."

Saturday, 30th August

Sally woke up exhausted, a common occurrence since she left her uncle's house fuming and determined. A nurse to her side smiled and extended a little blue bundle toward her. "Its a beautiful baby boy, Ms. Jackson. And my word! I haven't seen eyes this green in my entire lifetime." She could hardly breathe as she gazed at her baby boy for the first time. He was tiny. With tiny toes, tiny fingers and a tiny nose. She giggled at her own creation in amazement. Hearing the sound the baby fussed and opened his eyes. Curious green eyes gazed upwards and with a wrinkle of his nose, the baby extended his little fist towards her.

Sally, still looking at her child in wonder had a surge of unusual pettiness. "His name is going to be Perseus, Perseus Jackson."

Percy at 3 years

Sally watched as her son zoomed here and there. He was bright and sweet but a nagging worry ate at her thoughts. He was diagnosed with ADHD. She knew how difficult it could be for him, going to school, mingling with children who might be less than pleasant. The very notion of her baby boy being hurt or bullied made her tense and her pleasant face twisted into frown. A light tugging at her side brought her gaze towards an impatient Percy. "We've been here long enough mama. I wanna go to see fishies.....Please?"

Seeing her boy implore with unfairly cute eyes, she sighed and relieved herself of her rather unpleasant thoughts. For now they were going to be just fine.

Percy at 9 years

"Mom, I don't like him. He has an icky feeling and his last name sucks. What kind of a person has a name called Ugliano?! Obviously he can't be trusted."

Sally stifled a sigh and took a deep breath. "Percy it isn't easy as that. It's hard for me too you know."

"But mom...."