All these feelings that I carry with me They keep making it hard to breathe..

The past month was awful, Triton and Amphritrite kept avoiding me like the plague which I didn't really mind as this was much better that what I was familiar to. Poseidon acknowledged me for like the first hour and then also forgot I existed, and then randomly calls me into his room to "chat". But all he does is basically interrogate me on my life before coming here...but he seemed worried so that's a nice feeling.

Amphritrite sometimes scolded me for coming in with wet shoes, just the same way she scolded Triton and that for some reason made me feel like I belonged. Though we avoided eachother, we soon fell into a tandem, the family of four adjusting to be a family of five, seamlessly.

Tyson really was the only person who was outright nice to me. I texted Grover and the rest of them a couple of times. I kinda regretted being so aloof with them, they were really the only friends I had and to make matters worse I had to join a new high school, Half Blood Academy... yeah I know. The name is pretty weird.

So here I am, in front of the school, as usual everyone seemed to know everyone and then there's me, awkwardly looking around and looking so out of place. Everyone looked like they were from really rich families, totally not what I was used to so that made it even worse.

I sighed and walked towards the official looking building to get my timetable. Mrs. Park, the receptionist smiled in a really sugary way toward me and in a very screechy voice, "Well, Hello there darlin', you must be Percy. Wow you are SO handsome. My my you will have to beat away the girls with a stick eh?"

I just smiled awkwardly and said, "Thank you, I think. Um, can I have my timetable please." " Of course darlin'. Here you go, sweetie and Oh! can you ask your mum to drop by sometime this afternoon. She needs to sign a couple of things."

I sighed, a year later but it still doesn't get easier." Um, I'm sorry can I ask Po-, my father to sign them instead. My mum passed away a year ago." For the first time in this whole conversation she stopped smiling and said," Oh I am sorry dearie, well ask your dad to drop by anyway. Hope you have a good day."

I thanked her and left. I was squinting and trying to read the INSANELY tiny script on the timetable sheet and walk to my locker, which I found after a lot of tedious searching, when I bumped into someone.

I looked up and saw a beautiful girl with dark coloured hair and copper coloured skin. She bent down to pick up her fallen books and then looked up and for some weird reason, her breath hitched when she got a good look on me. I don't know why but I recognised her somewhere. She gathered her fringe behind her ears and then hesitantly asked," Percy?"

My eyes widened. My memory isn't photographic but I would remember someone like her. I sheepishly rubbed the back of my neck and asked," Do I know you?"

She smiled and said," Greek obsessed daycare? An insanely bossy baby sitter? Only boy in a daycare of 20 girls? Ring a bell?" I gasped and said," Not Zo-Zo?"

She laughed and hugged me," Obviously fisher-boy. Its so good to see you. Well did puberty hit you with a truck or what? You're looking good. How's aunt Sally?" I smirked and laughed and opened my mouth to compliment her as well, when she asked about my mom.

I probably looked really sad when she gripped my arm and asked again looking very scared," What happened? Why are you looking at me like that? Did something happen to aunt Sally?" " She died in a car accident. A year ago..."

She gasps and immediately hugs me." Oh my gods, Perce I'm so sorry. That would have been awful for you. So who have you been living with all this while?" I sighed again," She remarried a fellow named Gabe Ugliano, I was living with him."

" Was?" "Oh, he died in in a fire 4 days ago."" Oh my god, how have you been dealing with that?" I shrugged, I know I should probably at least pretend to care but I couldn't bring myself to mourn the man who made my mom and I suffer so much.

She looked at me curiously and said, scribbling on a spare piece of paper ,"l "Well, I sense there's a story there and we DO have a lot to catch up on, so here's my number. Oh! and find me during lunch."

" Wait, how do you when my lunch is?"" I saw it peeking out of you timetable, see ya, fisher boy!" And she left, waving and then walking to her class. I laughed and tucked the piece of paper in my pocket. Maybe this school wasn't that bad.

Well......turns out I spoke too soon. The jocks of this school apparently didn't like me talking to Zoey for some reason and crowded me against the lockers (isn't this new). Suppressing my urge to sigh, I looked forward and calmly asked," Um Hi, my name is Percy Jackson. I just transferred here. Not sure whether it's nice to meet you?"

The jock who was facing me laughed suddenly as if I had just pronounced myself as the world's funniest dude in the world. I turned my head to the side, not really understanding why he found it so funny.

"Ooh look here boys, we got a fiesty one. Don't they teach manners in the slummy school you just came from? Don't you know you aren't even supposed to look us in the eyes, huh wimp?"

I looked down and scoffed under my breath. These half grown spoiled brats were trying to tell me what to do. I smirked and said in a polite tone." Well, with the way you're acting, do they teach you?"

There was an awkward pause when the......Gabe juniors tried to process what I said while the onlookers snickered amongst themselves. I turned and continued to stack my books in my locker, leaving the ones I needed.

I was about to leave for my first class when Gabe junior one grabbed my arm and proceeded to threaten me. I shrugged him off and continued leaving a slightly awed audience.

My first classes went surprisingly well except for the fact that I was dyslexic and none of the snobby rich teachers seemed to understand that. I couldn't wait for lunch. And......totally not because of Zoey......Pfft nope......totally.....

Lunch finally came around and I slowly ran my eyes through the crowd to find her when I felt a pair of hands snatch the tray and dump it on me.

" Not so talkative now, are you wimp?" The Gabe junior from earlier or his actual name which I got to know was Octavian smirked as I blinked spaghetti out of my eyes.

The entire cafeteria had gone silent while they waited for my next move. I grinned through my gravy stained lips, successfully startling him and grabbed the nearest tray (sorry kid) and dumped it over him.

It was as silent as a tomb as everyone tried to digest the fact that the new kid had dumped food over none other than the notorious Octavian. I ignored the spluttering boy behind me and made my way to the rest room to try and clean myself, not noticing Zoey getting up and following me.

I probably never have reacted this way in my other school but now I just wanted people to stop treating me like a push over. Zoey rushed over and helped clean as she looked at me in a strange way. " You .......are you alright?" I smiled like I always used to toward Zoe and said of course.

Hi guys! Hehe........yeah.....so ........I'm sorry....my account kinda shut down so I couldn't update.....but maybe....just maybe....I might update soon......comment down what u thought of it... Title from Waking up without you by Michael Schulte.

Be safe :)
Persassy