Do We Need Somebody To Feel like We're Alright?

Poseidon POV

I sighed and called Triton, Tyson and Amphritite into the dining room. They all looked at me confused and Amphritite finally asked," What is this about, Poseidon?" I ran my hand through my hair and said," I have a son."

Triton rolled his eyes," Yeah, dad, you have a son and another son. Two sons. Remember?" Amphritite shook her head and said," Shut up Triton. That's not what he meant." Her voice became dangerously sharp and said," What are you saying, Poseidon?"

I looked down and said," I have another child." Amphritite's hand flew to her mouth in horror and grief. I went on and explained what had happened and how he is going to live here.

When I was done Amphritite ran out of the room angrily with a few tears trickling down her face. Triton followed his mother with betrayal and anger written all over his face.

Tyson just looked at me confused and said," I have another brother?" I silently nodded. " And he is gonna live here?" I nodded once more. He brightened and said," I'm going to make sure he is my new best friend."

I chuckled half heartedly and shooed him out of my room to make a call. I drove to the police station for the official papers etc and also the file about Percy.

After signing all the custody papers I went to the hospital. This time when I went into Percy's room, he was awake and staring out of the window, listening to something. I quietly knocked and came in.

He looked at me in confusion and asked who I was. I winced and slowly said," I am your father, Percy." He stared unblinkingly at me for a while and then looking confused he said," Wait,you're not kidding?" I shook my head.

" If you are my dad then why didn't you introduce yourself earlier, why now?" I looked down and said," Because I didn't know." I heard a bitter laugh and Percy mockingly saying," So a one night stand. Probably after your marriage too. And after that night you didn't think about it. Not one call, nothing. Then 16 years later when my guardian, after my mom died, also dies. You have to come face your sins."

I looked up, shocked. He had told what happened without me telling him, granted that he told it in a very insulting manner. He was certainly sharper than he looked.

Eager to change the subject I said," So did you salvage anything from the fire." Percy's face fell and he sadly said," No, I couldn't save myself let alone my measly possessions." I regretted the subject change but I wanted him to open up to me more. I tentatively said," I can replace anything that you lost. You can ask me. Did you lose something? Is that why you're upset?" I regretted my words as soon as they left my mouth. He looked up with his eyes flashing with anger and said with barely restrained anger," I lost EVERYTHING important to me. I lost the last few photos of my mom and me together. Her clothes. Everything she held dear was burned. Burned..."

Percy's voice cracked and I saw two tears fall on the white blanket covering hisp legs." Well, I am sorry to hear that. I came here mainly to tell you that you are supposed to live with me now that I am your guardian. I live far from here so you will, maybe have to change schools."

He stared at me with disbelief and anger. " What!! You can't just waltz into my life and take me away from everything I know and understand after sixteen damn years. I may not be popular but I have a few friends."

I don't know but maybe because of all the stress this morning, I lost my temper and shouted at him," Believe me, kid I didn't want this either. But we don't have a goddamn choice!!!" He flinched violently at my loud voice and his eyes flashed with something almost like terror before he smoothed his face in an emotionless mask.