Are You Scared of What's to Come?

TRIGGER WARNING: hints of sexual abuse and violence. You have been warned.

Percy

I started hyperventilating as he tied my wrists and ankles to the bedposts. I struggled and shouted but he just backhanded me and stuffed my mouth with a gag. Tears streamed down my face as I struggled to escape. He leered down at me and said," That'll teach you to disobey me. He went and locked the door. When I heard the lock click, I just stopped struggling and started sobbing quietly. There was nothing I wanted more than to die. He grinned disgustingly at me and said," Let's begin our game, shall we?"

***********************TIME SKIP***********************

I was in my shower, sobbing about what happened just an hour ago. I've wanted to commit suicide so many times before but I promised my mom that I would live, if anything I would live just for her. But right now, I've never wanted to die so bad. I felt so dirty and unclean and everytime I close my eyes I see him roughly handling me. I must have cried myself to sleep after I dried myself and locked the door.

Beep! Beep!

I woke up and laid there trying to calm myself. The very idea of going out of my room and maybe facing Gabe made me shake. I got up and slowly got ready. I hesitantly stepped out of my door and ran out the front door not caring whether Gabe was awake or not. I just ran. I reached school faster than I had ever before. I just kept my head down and walked to my locker.

Thankfully there was no one there. I was just about to close my door when a hand held my shoulder, I violently flinched. Then I heard Nico asking worriedly," Percy, it's just me. Are you alright?" ' No I'm not.' I thought to myself but out loud, I said I was fine.

He looked at me carefully and I forced a small smile on my face. Other than Nico, no one noticed that I avoided people more than ever, but then again other than my few friends, no one really cared. But most of my teachers looked at me weirdly for not breaking any rules or sleeping in class. Luke didn't bother me at all. And at lunch Nico and the others tried to get me to talk to them or eat but as usual I did neither.

********TIME SKIP**********
As I walked home I thought about how much Gabe has hurt my mom and me over the years. I remember flashes of how I used to hear terrifying noises from the bedroom when he used lock himself and my mom in. Everytime she comes out she would look broken but she would try to smile and make me feel better.

Usually when I think about Gabe I used to feel terrified but now remembering everything I felt raged to a point that I felt like murdering him. As I reached to open the door, the thought of facing Gabe didn't even make me scared.

I smacked the door open. It banged and I slightly flinched but I still strode in with my head held high. Gabe slowly lifted his head and barked," That you, brain boy? Get me a couple of beers. Me and my poker buds are playing today" I didn't even hesitate and said," What happened,Gabe? All that beer clogging up your tiny brain? It's my poker buds and I. Ever heard of Grammar??"

I knew I was digging a hole for myself but I didn't stop. He got up angrily and sauntered up to me. I was taller than him by a couple of inches at least. I was 6'2. This asshole was something like 5'8 but all his fat made him look shorter. " I wouldn't talk to me like that,brain boy. Your mom talked to me the same but then would cry like a kicked dog everytime I hit her. Just. Like. You."

He mentioned my mom and I lost it. I nailed him on the nose and kneed him in the stomach and try to run for it but he quickly slammed an empty, glass bottle at my head with all of his strength. I passed out with my last thought being,' Well shit. The one time I fight back.'.

*********TIME SKIP***********

I woke up in complete darkness and cold. I reached a shaking hand to the side and felt my worst fears coming true, a metal door. I started trembling as the walls felt like they were closing in on me.

I hadn't been here for nearly three years. The monster had locked me in a metal box which was there in the basement. It was basically Gabe's version of the chokey. Since I have ADHD I constantly keep moving and have an insane fear of small, cramped, closed space.

Once Gabe got to know, he absolutely had to buy this delightful trunk. The longest he had ever locked me in, was for seven hours. Panic began to set in as old memories began to resurface. I started shouting and banging on the walls desperately but as usual he ignores me.

I bang so hard that my wrists started to hurt really bad but I continue. I stop after a while as my right wrist starts to feel like its broken. I am still shaking and panicking and shouting but then I realise that the air smells like smoke.

Could he be burning down the house or something........no, no, no, my last few pictures of mum are there. No!! No!! I started shouting and banging again not caring about my broken wrist but the smoke started to enter in easier and I started coughing violently.

I was about to start hitting the walls again when I heard a voice saying," I'm not kidding, Jordi, I heard someone down here...... Oh for goodness sake!! I know there are no survivors but I heard someone here." My heart started to beat faster and I tried to shout louder but just ended up coughing harder. But slowly my hits became slower as the smoke thickened and I became unconscious.

Third Person POV

" Oh my god! Do you hear that, Jordi?? Pass me a flashlight. Quick!! God! There's so much smoke down here.." Sean looks around and finds nothing but an unusually big ,metal trunk. 'Where is he?' Then he hears a small thud against the metal side of the trunk.

He swears under his breath and calls for his partner as he quickly tries to jimmy the trunk open. When they do go get it open, Sean nearly shouts in surprise. There was a beat up, unconscious teen stuck in there, barely having enough space to stretch both his hands side by side.

Jordi and Sean gently lifted him out and hurried out. The ambulance was already waiting. Sean watched as they fixed an oxygen mask on his face and raced him on a stretcher into the ambulance and sped away.

The police officer looked at him expectantly and said," What exactly did you find there?" Sean sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. ' It's gonna be a very long night. I hope that poor teen is ok though. What kind of a parent locks up their child in a METAL trunk. And judging by the tear tracks on his face he was probably claustrophobic. A messed up world this is..' " Yes, Mr Sanders, he was unconscious and locked in a metal box......

Meanwhile Percy was thoroughly checked up and bandaged and left with an IV in his arm. He closed his eyes to try and lessen his pain.

Now he had no home( however horrible it was ,he still had a roof over his head), no money and nowhere to go. But now Gabe is gone. Percy had a slight smile as he remembered how gravely the nurse had delivered the news and Percy started grinning probably making the nurse believe he was a maniac.' NO. MORE. GABE!!' With that happy thought he drifted off to sleep. Little did he know there was more to come. Much more.

Hey guys, hope you guys enjoyed the new chapter. Title from Broken by Isak Danielson. Comment, vote and follow. Stay home nd stay safe.

Luv y'all

Persassy out