A New Friend and Unexpected News

It had been two days since Toothless had been killed by Asher. She hardly talked, laughed or even smiled at all. The only thing she does now is drawing and smiting. She got rid of her blueprints of weapon inventions which were thrown into the fire, she didn't want to make any inventions that hurt dragons. Ever since she realized the truth about dragons, she never wanted to hurt them from her creations. However, her creation did bring down her friend and bonded with him. Unfortunately it also brought him to his death. She knew that if she hadn't brought him down, he would still be alive and flying free from her tribe's hatred.

Hicca had been sharpening and repairing tools as of late. It was the only thing she felt that she was ever good for besides making inventions that always failed her. Drawing had always calmed her down. She drew Toothless in almost all of them. She also made a doll of Toothless, that way he wouldn't be forgotten and would still be close to her heart.

In the end, it was Asher who was chosen to kill the Monstrous Nightmare. Hicca was out of the competition because she was slightly dazed when she got hit by the boulder that Asher pushed her into and Gothi stated that it wouldn't be a great idea for her to fight the Nightmare. Everyone celebrated with great cheer at Asher's victory. But Hicca didn't stay long for that celebration. Soon after the party had started, Hicca snuck out and went back to her house. She cried heavy tears for the creature who got murdered by her tribe for sports. It made Hicca feel sick to the stomach at the sight of the dead dragon. She wished that she didn't live here on Berk. She just wanted to leave this miserable place.

============================================

At the moment, Hicca sat on a bench outside of the forge with her head down, staring at the ground. She kept thinking about her deceased dragon friend who was killed by Asher. As if the gods were making her suffer even more, the person who murdered him appeared and sat down next to Hicca.

"So Hicca...why weren't you at the celebration?" Asher asked.

Hicca managed to avoid Asher the day after the celebration. But the second day she wasn't able to. She couldn't figure out why the gods were being so cruel to her.

"Wasn't in the party mood." Hicca shrugged.

"You were required to be there, Hicca." Asher stated.

Hicca chuckled, non humorously, "Funny, my father had always said that I wasn't required to go to the many parties before. So why do I even have to be at them at all?" She questioned.

"You're the chief's daughter, Hicca." Asher answered.

"Sure doesn't seem like I am." Hicca muttered.

"Huh? What do you mean by that, Hicca?" Asher questioned, confused.

"Oh come on and smell the fresh yak milk, Asher!" Hicca exasperated, "Everyone wishes that you should be the chief's heir. They rather listen to you instead of me because I'm a girl and a hiccup."

Asher stared at her with disbelief.

"You know what? Just forget it." Hicca stood up and began to walk away.

Suddenly Asher stood up and grabbed her wrist and spun her into his arms. He pushed her head towards him and placed his lips against hers. Hicca's eyes widened at Asher's lips against hers. Normally, any girl would be thrilled if the boy they liked was kissing them...but Hicca wasn't that kind of girl. She hated Asher. He was the one who murdered her friend, Toothless.

She pulled her fist back and punched it into Asher's cheek, which caused him to release Hicca and fall onto his butt. He sat up and was shocked to see the look of fury on Hicca's face as she wiped her lips with her sleeve.