Coexisting

Twilight was already adjusting to the new life here in Dunbroch which Hicca and Skylar were glad of

Twilight was already adjusting to the new life here in Dunbroch which Hicca and Skylar were glad of. During the last few weeks, Hicca and Meridus managed to come across a nest full of dragons. As a shock, they were the dragons from Red Death's nest. As it turns out, they've been looking for a place to call home for a while after Red Death had perished. When they heard that Hicca and Skylar were living here in Dunbroch, they wanted to help her with her dream of dragons and people coexisting with each other.

Hicca and Meridus were amazed to see so many dragons. There were also ones that Hicca didn't recognize and couldn't wait to study them. However, there came another problem; How to introduce her dragons in Dunbroch.

==========================

At the moment, Hicca and Meridus were having a discussion about the dragons with Meridus's family. 

"I can see how this could be a problem." Elinor said.

"But how can we introduce them without causing a panic?" Fergus asked.

"Well, we'll have to bring in a crowd. Show them a demonstration on how they can help Dunbroch." Hicca stated.

"Maybe we might need more riders to persuade them first." Meridus suggested.

"How about the first heirs of the other clans? Do you think they'll be willing to try?" Hicca questioned.

"Well we could. I'll send some letters to the clans and see what they think." Elinor offered.

"Thank you, your majesty." Hicca thanked Elinor.

===========================

The other lords and their heirs were coming to Dunbroch to bring peace with the dragons. The lords didn't really know how to handle them, so Hicca was going to teach them how to do that. Hicca also hoped that they'll be willing to become dragon riders as well. But she knew that she had to take it one step at a time. 

=============================

The lords and their heirs soon arrived. Elinor explained the situation at hand. The lords and their heirs were interested in helping.  The heirs were definitely interested in wanting to ride dragons which Hicca and Meridus easily took notice of.

Afterwards, Hicca lead the heirs to the lake where the other dragons would rest or play around.

"So choose which dragon you can connect with." Hicca instructed as she gave each heir a fish after they removed their weapons.

Then the three heirs carefully walked over to the herd of dragons. A few moments later, Ryan Macintosh had bonded with a Skrill, Ewan Dingwall bonded with a Snaptrapper and Kevin MacGuffin bonded with a Timberjack. Hicca explained to the heirs what types their dragons were and showed them everything they needed to know how to take care of them and ride them.  

=========================

Within two months, the heirs became great riders. Hicca and Meridus were happy to see that they were able to get new riders. The heirs were very happy with their dragons. Hicca and Meridus would often spot Ryan and Wee showing off their dragons to some of the village women. They had to admit it was somewhat funny when Ryan would be accidentally shocked by his Skrill. The first part of Hicca and Meridus's plan had worked.

=========================

Seeing that the great heirs riding dragons, the village were amazed at the dragons. Most of them wanted to have a dragon of their own. So far Hicca's dream was coming true. 

=========================

After a few small accidents, Hicca and Meridus were able to help the Highlanders and Dragons coexist with each other. Most of the dragons would help out with the fisherman since they could easily lead the fishes into the nets. A Timberjack was helping the other Highlanders when they needed to cut down trees. Hicca and John would help the local dentist make teeth for the dragons. Hicca was also training the children how to do smithing. 

Soon enough, a school for dragon training was made which was known as the Dragon Academy. Hicca was the teacher and Meridus would often help out. Hicca would teach both children and adults about the many kinds of dragons. She would tell them how to approach dragons, which ones to avoid, caring for them, but also the dangers of them as well.

When the Highlanders and dragons settled in with each other, Hicca and Meridus came up with the idea of dragon racing. Since dragons had a lot of energy, they decided to put all of that energy into a race against other dragons. Everyone loved watching Hicca and Meridus race. The heirs would stop by and race as well. Hicca or Meridus would win most of the time. 

Hicca almost had a hard time believing that the Highlanders and dragons were getting along now. So far they've made everything better for everyone. For a moment, Hicca thought about her former home, Berk. She knew that her former tribe would never accept the dragons. Gobber might though. Well, it's their loss.

=======================

"Hicca, you okay?" Meridus asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Hicca replied.

At the moment, Hicca, Meridus and their dragons were sitting on a hill, overlooking the village. Hicca was happy to see both the Highlanders and dragons getting along and working together. 

"Hicca, I can tell that something is bothering you." Meridus stated.

Hicca let out a sigh, "The other day I thought about my former home." She admitted.

"And how did that happen?" Meridus asked.

"I thought about how my former tribe wouldn't be able to accept the dragons." Hicca replied.

Meridus nodded, "Yeah, I can easily imagine that." He admitted.

"Although Gobber might." Hicca commented.

"Possibly." Meridus shrugged.

The two chuckled at the thought.

"Well, you may not have been born in Dunbroch but you're already part of it. None of us will send you away." Meridus stated and then smiled at Hicca, "You belong here, Hicca." 

Hicca smiled softly at Meridus and leaned up to kiss Meridus on the lips. Meridus cupped her cheek as he and Hicca kissed. It felt like a minute had passed until they had to separate in order to breathe.

"Thank you, Meridus. I feel the same way." Hicca smiled.

"I'm glad." Meridus smiled back.

Hicca knew that Meridus was right. She was no longer part of the island of Berk. She was now part of Dunbroch, where Highlanders and dragons are coexisting with one another.