chapter 5

Hey everyone. As promised, here's another part of my fan fic. I know it took me so long, but.. well I don't really know what to say about it other than sorry. So I'm sorry. Please enjoy it, it's pretty short, but at least there will be more parts that way 😁
So enjoy it 🖤

Adrian took Nova's hand in his and together they walked up the stairs from his basement. He looked around quickly and then, when he saw no sign of either Hugh or Simon, he walked toward the front door and opened them. Nova rushed out and she was almost running toward the gate. Adrian closed the door as quietly as possible and then he followed her. The gate was never quiet when he opened it, but they couldn't climb over it, without being spotted by the security system in the house. So he opened it just enough for them to slip out. When he was about to close it, a figure appeared behind it, startling them both. "Where are you two going so early?" It took Adrian a second to realize who it is. "Simon! Great skies you almost gave me a heart attack!" Nova looked like she didn't know what to say or do so she just stood there, still holding his hand. Simon was watching Adrian suspiciously. "We were.. ehm.." Adrian didn't know how to explain to Simon where is he going at almost 4am with a duffle bag and Nova by his side. Then Nova seemed to brighten a little and come out with an explanation which was obviously a lie. "I'm kidnapping Adrian for a small night trip. It was supposed to be a surprise, but now that we were cought, I guess I'll have to explain-" Simon cut her of with raising his hand and a smile "Oh, no need to explain more. I wouldn't want to ruin your little trip. Just be careful at wherever you're going" he smiled again, winked at Adrian, then turned around and returned to the house. "I can't believe that worked" Adrian whispered when he looked at Nova. He was surprised for a second with how easily she come up with that lie. But then he remembered, that she lied  so often to him and stopped wondering about it. Nova didn't say anything and started walking toward a car on the other side of the road. "Whose car is this?" Nova pulled a key from her pocket and opened the car. "It belongs to Leroy.. I took it. It's not much, but it was the fastest way to leave." She opened the trunk where Adrian saw some chemicals, which deffinitely belonged to Cyanide and another duffle bag that must have been Nova's. He put his bag next to hers and closed the trunk carefully. Meanwhile Nova climbed into the driver's seat and started the engine. Adrian hurried onto the other front seat and the second he closed the door, the engine roared and the car started moving. "I'm sure you have a lot of questions, but first we need to figure out where to go. And no, I'm not a good driver, but Leroy wasn't either so he wasn't exactly the best teacher. But no one else could drive, so it was better than nothing." She kept her gaze on the road and Adrian thought that today is the day when he tells her about the Sentinel. But first he needed to deal with the fact that he's leaving the city with Nightmare.