chapter 6

Hey everyone,
I know I'm so slow with the writing, I have no excuse for it, just the last chapter of this fan fic was probably too boring so it only has like 2 votes. It's okay, I know I'm not as good as normal authors, but I try 😅
So here is the next part.

Nova was fully focused on driving, so she stayed quiet. Adrian next to her was also quiet, but from the corner of her eye, she could see him shifting nervously the whole time. She wondered if he was nervous because of her driving skills or because he still didn't fully process the fact that she actually is Nightmare
She didn't want to be the one who breaks the silence, but it was killing her. "I'm sure you have a lot of questions, and I will answer them as soon as I won't have to focus on driving, but now is there something else bothering you? Because you seem quite nervous."
Adrian looked at her not sure what to say, but before he could say anything a dark figure appeared on the road.
Nova slammed on the brakes so quickly, they both nearly flew through the window.
Altough they couldn't see his expresion because of the dark hood, Nova knew why was Phobia there, and that he probably found them pretty easily, since all the anarchists knew this car belonged to Leroy and no one else in the city had such a crappy car.
Then Phobia's voice cut through the night air. "I'll give you one chance to get out of the car, leave the boy for good and come back. No one messes with us, not even Ace's niece." Adrian startled when Phobia spoke.
"And if I don't?" It was obvious, that Phobia wouldn't just let them go, so she was trying to come up with a plan. "Oh you will come, little Nightmare. We both know.." he didn't finish, because at that moment a lightning bolt flashed and hit Phobia somewher in the middle of where his face should be. He disappeared for a few seconds, but apeared at the same place, re-forming once again. Nova looked in surprise at Adrian, whose hand was shining just a second ago. The same hand which was aimed outside of the side window as if he were holding a gun. "How did you.." then it hit her. How he always disappeared when the Sentinel appeared and how he always talked about him with a bit of admiration. "You?" Adrian didn't say anything, but turned back to Phobia. His other hand with a tiny flame prepared. "It won't hurt him, but it can slow him down for a while and then we can go. He will probably follow us, which is kind of a problem but-" "He won't. He is probably trying to slow us down, until the others get here. We need to get away. Just shot the strongest one you can do and we will talk about this later. You have some explaing to do."
Nova felt anger coming up, but there was no time. A tiny voice back in her head reminded her that she also has some explaining to do tonight.
Adrian started shoting at Phobia again with his laser ..thing? She will definitely ask about that and the other powers too. "Is there something else you're waitng for, or did the car stop working?" She heard the annoyance in Adrian's voice and finaly hit the pedal. The car bursted forth as fast as it could and left Phobia far behind.

Finally they were out of the city. Nova didn't know where exactly they are headed, so she just drove straight away from Gatlon. There was silence again for the next 10 minutes, while they were both processing this crazy night. Nova was trying to figure out what does this new information mean to everything. He is the Sentinel. Adrian is the Sentinel. How did she not figure that out earlier? She was trying to process it and figure out what was she going to say about what she heard from the anarchists.

About an hour later, when she decided, it's probably safe now to stop the car, she pulled over to an old gas station, which seemed desserted. Neither of them moved or spoke. They sat in the car quietly for what seemed like an eternity. Until Adrian couldn't hold it anymore and broke the silence. "So are we going to talk about what happened, or.." he left the sentence unfinished and waited for a response. Nova kept her gaze on anything but him and quietly responded. "Why didn't you tell me about the.. How did you.. I don't understand it. Why are you even helping me? Since you made it your mission to get me arrested, you should hate me now and not help me." There was sadness in her voice, but also a bit of anger. "If you can believe it, I wanted to tell you sooner about the Sentinel, but you always hated him so much, I couldn't figure out, how to do it. And the powers.. I can show you later, it's actually pretty cool I guess. Or that's what Oscar said at least-" "So how many people knows about it?" Now she finally looked at him, but her face was filled with anger and frustration. "I guess it was the whole team, except me right." Adrian was starting to get angry too. It was a crazy night and he didn't get to sleep much, so there wasn't much of that patience now. "If you want your answer, you'll have to let me speak. Yes, the team knows, I had to tell them when we captured Ace Anarchy together and Max figured it out on his own. And as I said before, I wanted to tell you, but I couldn't. Now you have your answers, it's my turn to ask questions. First of all. Who are you?"

Hey everyone,
I hope you liked this new chapter. I know, it takes me longer and longer to write new parts, I'm sorry. I was out of ideas to how to write this and obviously, there will be another part. I still don't know how long is this whole story going to be, but I'll keep writing.