chapter 3

I saw some new people discovered my fan fic, so thank you all for your support, it really motivated me for another part so here it is. This one might be a little more emotional 😇

Nova stepped out of the shop once again and tried not to look at Honey's unconcious body just a few feet from her. She will wake up soon, but by the time, Nova will be far away from Gatlon city and she won't have to come back ever again. She sat in the car, finally starting the engine. At that moment she really wished, Leroy gave her more driving lessons, so she wouldn't be this nervous. But she should be fine with what she knew. She had to be. The car started moving and Nova realized, she didn't know where to go. Not like it mattered anyway, she just needed to get as far from the city as possible.
She was almost out of the city, when a memory flashed through her mind. A memory of soft lips againts hers. A strong arms around her waist. Nova had to hit the break, other way she might drive out of the road. In all the chaos she didn't realize, that leaving the anarchist and the city meant leaving Adrian too. She didn't want to leave him without saying proper goodbye. After everything that's happened between them, it didn't feel right. Nova wanted to at least send him a message, but she left the communicator at the shop, where the anarchists were. No, she didn't want to have it with her. That way, someone from the Renegades would be able to find her. But she had to say goodbye. She wanted to say goodbye.
Nova looked around and realized that she was just a few blocks from the Mayor's mansion.

She left the car there and walked toward the mansion. She didn't want them to see the car.
Usually the scanner at the gate would let her in after reading the wristband, but she didn't have it so she pressed the doorbell, hoping Adrian would open the door and not Hugh or Simon. Nova waited few minutes, but nothing happened. She knew this was a stupid idea, since it was so early and no one else would be awake by now, but she really needed to talk to Adrian. Nova tried the doorbell again. In what must have been seconds, but somehow felt like hours, the door flew open and there he was. Adrian was standing in the doorway, looking at her sleepily, but also with a hint of shock. "Nova? What's going on? It's almost 3 in the morning." She was starting to think this was a bad idea. "I.. sorry, I know it's not the best time, but we need to talk. Can I go in? It won't take long, I just.." she felt tears welling up in her eyes and Adrian's face was filling with worry "Of course you can come in. I'll open the gate. Did something happen?" He rushed to the gate, to open it so Nova could get inside. She didn't say anything before she stepped inside the house.

When he closed the door behind them, she started to be nervous. "Are.. are your dads home?" "They are, but they are both asleep. Can you tell me, what's going on?" Adrian looked really worried when she didn't aswer the question immediately. Nova was staring at her feet, avoiding his gaze. He was waiting, patient as always. "I.. it's just.. can we talk somewhere more private? It would be easier if no one overheard." Adrian nodded and led her to his room. She tried to think over what she was going to tell him. She didn't know if she could tell him the complete truth.
They sat on the coutch just like the time she was there for the first time. It felt like months ago, even thought it wasn't that long. It took her few more seconds and then she could finally speak. "I'm leaving." Adrian stared at her. "What?" "I can't stay in Gatlon. I.. I love this city, but I have to leave." He obviously didn't understand why, but he didn't say anything. Adrian just kept staring at her. "I came to say goodbye actually. I won't come back. Something happened and there is nothing I can do about it. Not alone. I wish I could tell you, but it's.. I just.. can't." Adrian grabbed her hand and forced her to look at him. "Nova, whatever happend, I'm sure we can fix it. You can't leave just like that. What about your uncle? And the Renegades? What about.. me? Whatever happened, you're not alone. I know there were some things between us, after that whole prison thing, but I'm right here. I can help you. Don't leave like this, please!" Nova felt tears welling up in her eyes again. She wasn't ready to lose him, but she didn't want to lie to him anymore either. What a mess did she make. "I can't stay here. It's.. complicated. There is.. a lot of things you don't know. I want to tell you all of it, explain everything, but.. you'd hate me forever. You wouldn' want to talk to me, if you knew." Adrian looked at her in confusion. They were in silence for a few more minutes. "What are you saying? I could never hate y.." Nova knew he finally connected all of it. "Adrian I.. I don't want to be their Nightmare anymore. I ran away from the Anarchists. I know I lied before about almost everything.. but they were lying to me too. And today I overheard them saying that it was them who murdered my family and.. they were manipulating me the whole time. I'm so sorry about what I did, I feel horrible when I think back at it." She was already crying, but Adrian was just staring at her and didn't say anything. "I just.. I'm so sorry. I don't expect you to ever forgive me, but I couldn't leave without telling you the truth. I do have feeling for you, that wasn't a lie-" "Stop." Nova's vision was getting blurry from the tears, but she looked at him again. Before she knew what was happening, Adrian moved closer and hugged her. She burried her face in the gap between his neck and shoulder. "It's okay Nova. This was pretty much the last thing I expected that would happen today, but I believe you're trully sorry. Why else would you come here right?" Nova pulled away so they were face to face. "I came to say goodbye. I'm not asking for approval to leave, but I want you to know why I have to leave." She was staring at their intertwined fingers. "It's the only option. If I went to the Renegades and asked for help, I'd have to tell them the truth and I'm not ready for that. I don't know what am I going to do about all this. But I do know, that they wouldn't trust me if I told them the truth and I need to think this through first." Adrian was obviously feeling uncomfortable in that situation and Nova was sure he was trying to come up with a reason why should she stay. There was silence for a minute.
"Okay. I guess I won't be able to make you stay. At least not now. But I can't lose you, not again.. not like this." She pressed his fingers and waited for the rest of his speech. "So I'll go with you and help you clean your name from the anarchists."

Hi guys, this one is a little longer, but since I probably won't be able to write another part through the next 5 days (I'm going back to school) it'll take a while to write it. Hope you guys like it and stay tuned for the next chapter.