chapter 2

The first chapter was short so we'll see if this one will be a little longer.

Nova fell down. She felt the pain in her back. She turned around to see who attacked her and saw Honey staring at her angrily. "Where do you think you are going little Nightmare?!" Nova didn't respond as she tried to get on her feet again. Honey took the last step to her and grabbed her arm. "I asked you a question!" Nova stared at her, still unable to speak, after everything she just heard. Her mind was completely unfocused. Honey called her bees and sent one of those big wasps at Nova. That woke her up. Nova screamed and grabbed Honey's other arm. She used her power as strongly as she could and put Honey to sleep. She didn't even try to catch her, as Honey fell down. Honey seemed almost peaceful as if she didn't just try to attack her. Nova looked at her shoulder, where the wasp stabbed her. It was starting to get red and it was burning a lot. If she doesn't put anything cold on it soon, it will get worse in a short while. But Nova didn't have time for that. She had to go.
Honey was unconcious near her feet and Nova knew, that she won't wake up for the next few hours, but the others might by here any moment. So there was no time to waste. She grabbed her bag again and opened the trunk. There was some of Leroy's stuff. Nova recognized his medicine and some other chemicals. She left it there and put the bag next to the vials. After she closed the trunk with a loud thump, she opened the drivers door and got into the car. Leroy always kept the keys inside the car, just in case they would have to leave quickly. The Renegades obviously didn't know, where they were right now, but he got used to it.
Nova looked around the spots where he usually kept the keys, but found nothing. The keys weren't there. "No, no, no! This can't be happening!" She started to panic a little, because she neded to get away as quick as possible.
Then she remembered that Leroy took the keys inside when he drove his car here last time, and forgot them in the shop. Nova decided to go get them before anyone comes and sees her.
She got out of the car and made her way back inside the shop. "Okay Leroy, where did you put the car keys?" She murmured more to herself than to anyone else. "Are you looking for something little Nightmare?" spoke up a voice from the stairs.
Nova turned around and saw Leroy standing there, watching her cautiously. "Leroy! Sweet rot, you scared me. I thought you were already asleep." She realized he was wearing his old pyjamas, so he probably was about to sleep, but he might have heard some noise from the fight with Honey. "I was just checking it here, if there isn't any intruder. This place isn't as safe as that little house of yours, where we used to stay before.. you know." Nova wasn't sure if that was the truth, but it didn't matter anyway. "Actually I'm glad you came down here. I know what you said about me driving alone, but I'm sure I learned enough to try it. And it's best at night since most of the city is asleep. Can you tell me where the car key is? I couldn't find it anywhere." Leroy raised his eyebrows. "Sure. It's right there on the shelf. But you shouldn't go alone. I told you to not drive without me. We can go driving tommorow when you're done with work. Now go get your stuff from the car."
Nova gasped. How did he--? "Oh, you think I didn't see you sneak around with that bag? Honey went right after you. I was here just in case something bad happened." Nova knew, it was weird, that they were nowhere in sight, when she was sneaking out, but she was too distracted and full of adrenaline, she didn't really pay atention to her surroundings. "By 'bad things', you mean me leaving. But you don't get to decide that!" Leroy looked a little surprised, but something like sadness flashed across his face. "Nova you're not thinking rationally. You can take a break from all that planning, and then we can talk about whatever your problem is. But not now, it's fricking three in the morning, and I am getting old. Let's keep it for morning." She realized, that Leroy believed she didn't hear the conversation, so that's why he was so calm. "I don't want to talk about anything with you, or any other anarchist ever again. I heard enough. Now let me go, or I'll make you let me." Leroy stepped in her way and crossed his arms across his chest. "I know I said different things a few months ago, but this is different. You can't leave us now, it's too important. Your uncle needs you." Nova didn't want to discuss this any longer, so she made the last few steps to Leroy, grabbed his arm, and used her power. Unlike with Honey, she tried to catch him, so he wouldn't hurt himself, while falling. It wasn't easy, since Leroy wasn't one of the lightest people. She looked at him for maybe two seconds, felling sad, because he was always closest to her except for perhaps Ace. Even if he was part of those who murdered her real family. With that thought she could finally clear her mind from any sadness, about leaving the anarchists. Nova finally spotted the keys on a hanger, grabbed them and finaly got out of the shop.

A bit longer chapter this time, sorry for the incorrect things, it's harder since we don't go to school, and I'm not working on my english that much. Hope you guys enjoyed it, let me know in the comments, if you like it. I'll try to add another chapter soon. Maybe there'll be some more characters from the books, that we all know and love ❤️