bonus chapter: the letters Dal-mi never got to send

author's note: 

Hello, folks over ceciverse. Here I am again with a little meal to those who have missed my writing, and to me because I've missed writing A LOT.

This bonus chapter comes to fulfil a promise I made. Because I've reached 1K moots over my stan twt acc, today I'm bringing the letters Dal-mi never sent to Ji-pyeong, with lots of longing and emotional moments.

These are the letters Dal-mi wrote to Ji-pyeong when he was away, which was described in pofaf's chapter three. It's important to have this in mind, not only to understand the context of each letter but to learn more about how things developed to Dal-mi afterwards.

I hope you have a nice reading because I thoroughly enjoyed writing this, and I'll see you with a surprise at the ending notes.

(see the end of the chapter for more notes)

xx

Mr Han,

I've recently started to see you everywhere as if my sleepless night wondering why you left isn't enough for my injured heart.

As I watch the cherry blossom petals falling down like nature's beautiful tears, I can only wonder why I am always left behind.

It happened with my father. It happened with Haelmoni.

And with you.

Was I this horrible person that didn't deserve a goodbye? Or even a handful of seconds to share with you before losing everything?

You see, I've been sailing off without a map ever since my grandmother died, not by option, but because feeling lost is all I have since life took away any guiding light from me.

Unfortunately, there's no shining rainbow brightening the road as I go, no astonishing scenario to make it better. Only an unyielding rain, washing away my steps and, slowly, my existence as well.

Mr. Han, I wonder if you can bring the rainbow back. I'm in desperate need of a colourful night in my pained days.

I wonder if you can come back, at least to share this all-consuming feeling with me.

In the end, there's only so much a defective girl can take.

Between tears and grief,
Seo Dal-mi

xx

Han Ji-pyeong,

Do you ever wonder why we don't stop to look up to the sky? To simply admire how Earth is moving at its own rhythm, making time pass at a different pace for everyone?

Ever since hell broke on my life, as a way to explain how things have been six months after Haelmoni's passing, I've been enjoying my solitude with the lonely clouds wandering around.

I, too, feel like I'm only wandering through every day.

This might be my tenth letter to you, and things don't seem to be getting better at all for me. In some parts, I'm actually glad you won't read my lame words about how life is going.

Sometimes I wonder how things would have been if you were here.

Would we talk about our pain and move on together? Would it be easier to share my grief with someone who understands abandonment as I do?

Right now, I understand why you ran away. At least a little.

To be honest, there's nothing I'd like more than escaping my own life. Every day seems like an endless gathering of painful seconds, making me remind of Haelmoni and the moments we share.