chapter three: walking a different path

author's note:

hey fam! chapter three is here and i just want to thank every reader out there giving this a shot, yall are the best

also, we might be having an eight-chapter story and before you give up on me because it's too long, lemme tell you that i will be writing their relationship evolving with lots of details and hands involved so as always: stay with me

here is our good boy getting the happiness we deserves. i hope you like it <3

see the end of the chapter for more notes

xx

Four years of living in Europe could do wonders for a man.

Something about French summers and Spanish winters seemed to talk directly to Ji-pyeong. Maybe it was the pleasure to speak both languages or all the homemade food he got to eat. Thankfully he adapted real fast to the environment.

Changing countries felt like a wrong decision for a long time, the pain and grief mingling with the nervousness of starting over in a foreign place. Being promoted to Head of Worldwide Operations meant a lot to his career, the responsibilities and expectations moving him daily.

After losing Haelmoni, working was a very needed distraction.

When Ms. Yoon found out from Sandbox's gossips that Choi Won-deok had died, she basically forced Ji-pyeong into therapy. Sending Park Dong-Chun over SH Venture Capital headquarters in Europe was a bonus so he could have a familiar face around.

Of course, Ji-pyeong didn't accept it easily. His first sessions were long minutes of childish silence and plain disinterest. Despite his best efforts, a few weeks were enough for the therapist, Jo Hae-in, to break his resolutions.

Asking subtle questions about Haelmoni was all she needed to do to get him talking. His grief had grown to an unbearable size, and sometimes Ji-pyeong feared he would lose himself.

Every week he talked about his past, every trauma, hidden fear, and insecurity coming up in their conversations. Step after step, Ji-pyeong built himself up again through a maturing journey, becoming self-conscious of his mistakes and slowly getting better.

No matter how many years had passed, he still loved to talk about Haelmoni. And when his therapist made him talk about Dal-mi, he would change the subject and ignore the melting heat of an unfinished story in his chest.

Of course, eventually, he talked about her. They discussed his feelings, how he was hurt to see her choose Nam Do-san, how angry he felt and his overall lack of courage to shake her up and be honest.

Time made it easier. Although his feelings never went away completely, he got over the sad memories and the broken heart after two years of regular sessions. Getting rid of all the negative energy allowed him to move on.

And boy, did he move on.

Between gorgeous models with legs for days and the geniuses minds of prominent entrepreneurs, Ji-pyeong discovered that he could be charming and a funny person. Being away from Korea's stress and the situation he ended up with on Sandbox left space for him to know himself honestly.

His self-knowledge journey made him find a short number of amazing lovers, women from different backgrounds, and many lessons to teach. Although their relationship never lasted long, Ji-pyeong loved them with all the available space in his heart.

All the space that wasn't permanently occupied with the woman who was practically a mother he never had, but also with the girl he could never truly forget.