chapter eight: the path of future

author's note: 

hi guys! sorry for a late update today, work and uni are eating my soul away lmao

this chapter is all about communicating and domestic jidal, i hope you guys like it! without further ado: have a nice reading and i see you at the end of this update <3

ps: i would like to apologize in advance for the cliffhanger at the end, but it will all make sense in chapter nine

ps2: i think yall should follow yeongsil order on this chapter

(see the end of the chapter for more notes)

xx

Dal-mi felt colder inside than the weather around her could ever be.

Ji-pyeong stared at her openly. He was, once again, the figure of a perfect boy. With his disheveled black hair and fresh tears shining in his eyes, Ji-pyeong stood holding his chest cracked open, offering her everything she never dreamed of deserving in the first place.

Tears streaked his face, heating where it touched and leaving an odd type of relief behind. Right now, Ji-pyeong felt equally desperate and grateful.

Grateful because she, finally, saw his words. Desperate because he couldn't know where they were going now that his feelings were out in the open.

"Dal-mi, please..." He pleaded, heart aching and skin frozen by the cool air.

Before he could finish his sentence, Dal-mi threw her arms around Ji-pyeong. Molding her body to his form, she tried to cocoon his pain and absorb everything until Ji-pyeong could find peace.

Hiding her face in his neck, Dal-mi opened cried when she felt his arms encircling her, the initial shock being overwhelmed by the unfeigned love Ji-pyeong felt for her.

"I am so sorry, Ji-pyeong. I am so sorry." She kept repeating it, trying to tattoo her words and feelings deep in his heart.

"It's okay, Dal-mi" Ji-pyeong answered, hands caressing her soft hair while she sobbed openly.

"Can we please get somewhere else to talk?" Dal-mi begged after being able to talk without crying.

"Can it please be a warm place?" Ji-pyeong questioned, smiling through his tears and making Dal-mi laugh a little.

"Yes, please." She agreed, interlacing her fingers to him for the first time and kissing his frozen hands "Lead the way."

Ji-pyeong entered the first coffee shop they could find open around the bird box place. Driven by the mind-blowing feel of Dal-mi's hands in his, he found a private table and asked for hot cocoas right away.

Before Dal-mi could think about getting her hand back, Ji-pyeong held her palm between his and blew hot air into her fingers, trying to get them warm again. Bright eyes watching her every move, Ji-pyeong rejoiced in the opportunity to share such an intimate moment through a small gesture.

"You will listen now, okay?" Dal-mi said in a hoarse voice caused by all the ugly crying.

Ji-pyeong only nodded while Dal-mi positioned herself in front of him, trying to have his attention. Little did she know that there was nothing in this world able to make him look away now.

"I am truly sorry, just like you once were. It is entirely my fault being ignorant towards your feelings and emotions, causing all this unnecessary pain because I was once stupid and immature." Dal-mi started her speech, trying to use comprehensible words to leave no doubt in his mind.