chapter nine: closure

author's note:

hey guys! we didn't had an update yesterday because i was busy out of my ass with uni and work stuff to do, so im sorry!

today's chapter is the biggest one because it ends the story in a way and there's a lot of dialogues as well. BUT its not THE END yet.

we have an epilogue coming this week ay some point once i get rid of uni stuff tomorrow so hold on to pofaf (this fic cute nickname) and wait for it.

have a nice reading and i see you at the end of the chapter <3

(see the end of the chapter for more notes)

xx

If looks could kill, Do-san would be dead by now.

Ji-pyeong stood still, as a predator watching a gazelle's movements. Keeping Dal-mi close to his chest, to the point where she couldn't breathe properly, the self-made investor scrutinized the boy in front of him.

"Are you guys going up or down?" Do-san asked as if seeing them was the most common thing in life.

"Hopefully nowhere." Ji-pyeong said the same sarcastic smile, the one e gave to Do-san during the start-up party a few years ago, lightening his face once again.

Dal-mi was thoroughly in shock, lacking words or comprehensive thoughts from seeing Do-san standing in front of her like this was a typical Monday morning. They haven't seen each other in three years now, and his first words were this silly question.

Do-san hadn't changed much during this period, despite his wardrobe being nicer now. With the same haircut and puppy eyes, the engineer looked more experienced. Still, his manner betrayed an immaturity that didn't sit well on a thirty-five years old man.

Was he always like this and Dal-mi failed to see through the passionate fog hanging between them?

"What are you doing here?" She asked, focusing on a more important question and ignoring the men's territorial exchange.

"I am here to see my parents and the boys, but also for the Gala." Do-san answered, deep brown eyes focusing on Dal-mi for the first time.

This was a vague answer. Do-san wasn't precisely the attached guy, being emotionally constipated and all that.

He was the same person who once dropped his mom in the middle of nowhere to help Dal-mi during the ransomware attack on Chungmyung Company. An action that seemed gentlemanly back at the time, but one that from different lenses, the ones Dal-mi used now after maturing enough to see it, felt insensible.

And if Dal-mi forced her mind to remember, Do-san had also left her drunk self alone in a park. He left her vulnerable and during an ominous night.

There was no love in making abrupt choices, thankfully she could see it now. However, his answer only meant there was a hidden reason behind his sudden return.

One Dal-mi would definitely learn, especially if it was coming in the way of her relationship with Ji-pyeong.

The same Ji-pyeong who was now almost blending Dal-mi to his body in a funny territorialism performance. Restraining a laugh and looking at his strained face, the woman knew he was worried about her second-guessing their relationship because of Do-san.

Despite being almost forty now, Ji-pyeong could still be clueless sometimes.

"We will have this conversation later." Dal-mi announced to Do-san, leaving no space for the men to argue. "Right now, my boyfriend is taking me to my office." She smiled to Ji-pyeong, feeling his arm relax around her, allowing a resemblance of oxygen to enter Dal-mi's lungs at last.