chapter six: a lesson on payback

author's note: 

hi guys! celebrating that i now have more than 700 moots over stan twt because of this amazing story, today im bringing this chapter earlier.

WARNING: i had to change the rate because of this chapter but it felt SO GOOD writing it.

although many of us see kim seon ho as a baby, i tried to make han ji-pyeong's boss persona justice by writing him as this masculine force of nature lmao. have a good read guys <3

see the end of the chapter for more notes

xx

Driving Dal-mi mad seemed to be Ji-pyeong's new business plan.

After their catastrophic conversation, Ji-pyeong went straight home and drank his night away, trying to cope with the pain in the worst way possible. Still, it was the only solution he could think at the time.

Despite having friends now, Ji-pyeong craved for his solitude when things got hard. Even Yeongsil couldn't reach him during these hours.

Having feverish dreams with Dal-mi haven't helped at all with his healing process. Waking up with the ghost of her touch spread over his body made the aftermath of the fight and the hungover an unyielding presence.

He then decided to do what he did best as a former mentor: teach Dal-mi a lesson.

Ji-pyeong never failed to deliver his promises. He was indeed going to show her what he had to endure all these years, but to do so, he had to be able to coexist with Dal-mi.

So he called In-jae, and with sweet words convinced the CEO that he wanted to see Injae Company and Chunmyung Company developments. With no time, Dal-mi's older sister basically sold her out to guide Ji-pyeong in his research and studies.

Well, her intention was not only to have him as an investor but as a member of her family as well. And if Dal-mi ended up swearing at her, so what? In-jae was used to it by now.

Ji-pyeong was not using their business to achieve his goal. He had a genuine interest in investing in their companies, not only because of all the history he had with them, but also because they had become a profitable business.

Being a self-made investor gave him the sharpest eyes for successful companies and using this for his own convenience wasn't a crime.

As Ji-pyeong drove to Sandbox to start his day in a surprise meeting with Dal-mi, his phone rang, a call so soon would only come from one person. Looking at the car's panel with a smile he saw Ms. Yoon's name and with no time he answered.

"Good morning Mr. Han Ji-pyeong." she said in her characterized cheerful tone.

"Good morning, Ms. Yoon. How are things going back at our European base?" Ji-pyeong questioned, his mind travelling back to work "I hope you are not getting too comfortable down there, though."

"Are you already missing your office? It is such a cosy one." Ms.Yoon joked while trying to assess his emotional state while being back to Korea.

"Well, I haven't got the time to miss it yet." He laughed, oblivious to the second intentions of her call.

"I said that once when we agreed to switch during Christmas and I'll repeat now: you can always move back to Korea and train a team to take over our operations here." His boss said, a calm tone trying to convince Ji-pyeong of what was right.

Four years ago, Ms. Yoon decided to send him away for Europe not only because Ji-pyeong was beyond qualified for the job, but also because she saw the pain consuming him daily. She knew for a personal experience that reuniting his pieces through work and focusing on a new mission would make him see things from a different perspective.