Chapter Fourteen ~ Kiara

Whatever had happened after Kiara left, she had no idea how it got her tied to a tree, blind-folded. She had just woken up like that, too; it had happened when she slept, obviously. And she knew who had done it. The one that Pandora had sent after her, and while she slept they had found her. Now, she was just curious as to who exactly was trying to take her back to Pandora, and what she was willing to give to make sure this comes through according to plan.

It was almost midday, and Kiara had been tied to that tree for around three hours. She hadn't had anything to eat since the previous day, after she woke up in Rye's home, and now her throat was aching. She would rather eat mortal food than be tied up to that tree for any longer, and mortal food was like poison to Vampires that weren't Royals. That was how much pain she was going through right then, and all she could hear were hushed tones; no recognisable voices and definitely more than one person.

"Hello?" she called lazily, her head aching. "Please tell me that you are going to kill me soon; I do not think I can hold out much longer like this. Have you no heart at all?"

She was sitting down with her knees up and her hands in her lap, although her biceps and her chest was surrounded by thick rope. She had stopped trying to get out, and now she was simply sitting there and not doing anything at all.

"We do not want to kill you," the light voice of a male replied. "Someone wants you alive and we intend on following through with those orders."

"Do you know why Pandora wants me?" Kiara snapped. "She wants me to kill people. You are going to let her, are you? And what did she offer in return? A cat?"

That earned her a hard slap across the cheek, and she cursed, setting her jaw tightly.

"Do not speak," the voice hissed. "You are going to mess everything up."

"Your chance at a 'better life'? Kiara spat. "She does that to everyone, and you should know when you are getting played. Right now, for instance. She does not just want me to kill the King and if you turn me in, you will learn the hard way that her intentions are not that light."

"Killing my father will not result in anything but war," the voice snapped again, and Kiara froze. "Whatever she is planning cannot be worse than that, although I was the one that agreed to it in the first place. Do you not think that I would not be here if I had a choice?"

Kiara was silent as she registered the words that she had been told, and she felt the presence of her captor retreating back.

"She knows enough," a second gruff voice that Kiara found dashingly familiar murmured. "Take the blindfold off at least."

Kiara narrowed her eyes as the black fabric was pulled down from her face to rest around her neck, making the loose strands of her hair look static.

As her eyes adjusted, Kiara looked up and saw one grumpy face, with lightly tanned skin, high cheekbones and golden eyes looking down at her, his arms crossed over his-

-Wait, golden eyes? That can't be right...

"You- you are the Prince, yes?" she asked, and the young man rolled his eyes.

"Yes, yes, yes," he grumbled. "What makes what I want different to everyone else?"

"I did not say anything about what you 'want'," Kiara scowled. "In case you had not noticed, I am in no place to be arguing with my captors."

The Prince narrowed his gorgeous eyes and leaned back slightly, parting his legs to keep balanced.

"You are much angrier than I thought you would be," he decided, and Kiara's eyes widened.