Chapter Nineteen ~ Enzo

Once Enzo had found out that Kiara was taken by Jaspar, he knew that he would do anything to bring her back. The only reason she was gone was because of Enzo himself; because of the carelessness he showed in his person all the time. He was the Prince of Vampires, sure, but that didn't mean he was better than the rest of them. If anything, his most recent actions proved that he was below the rest of them.

Which was why he needed to change that, and prove that he was so much more than that.

"How much longer?" Enzo asked, and Rye shrugged.

"An hour if you keep interrupting me," Rye replied, and Enzo tilted his head sideways. At that time, Rye was sitting cross-legged in the middle of the woods, right outside of Hagon which was just out of view. He had his eyes closed, and Enzo didn't know what he was trying to do; he had asked multiple times, but Rye had not really explained it in a way that was easy to understand.

"Is there a simpler way to explain what you are doing?" Enzo asked, leaning forward curiously, and Rye would have rolled his eyes if they were open, Enzo could tell.

"I am moving the earth," he explained slowly as if he were talking to an inexperienced Vampire that had just turned. "We need to get to Montilo quickly, yes? So I am trying to move the earth beneath us so quickly that it looks like we are disappearing here and appearing somewhere else. In Montilo, yes? Do you understand now or do I need to elaborate some more?"

"So, we will be going to Montilo without actually moving a muscle, in under a week?"

"In under a day," Rye corrected, and Enzo blinked, fascinated.

"I will be impressed if you manage to pull it off," he told Rye, and Rye smirked but didn't reply, concentrating on what he was doing to get the job done properly.

It was about half an hour later when Rye stood from the ground, his eyes still closed.

"Take my arm," Rye told Enzo, and the Prince obeyed, reaching out to take Rye's bare arm. And after a warning, Enzo closed his eyes and felt the world ripping away from him in an instant.

He panicked.

When Enzo opened his eyes, he did so slowly and cautiously. It was quiet around him, and it didn't feel like he was in that same forest that he was in only seconds before. He felt sick when he saw that they were not in Hagon any longer.

"Welcome to Montilo," Rye said dryly, gesturing around at the almost empty streets of the second largest city in Frate.

"You are telling me that this is where Pandora lives?" Enzo demanded, and Rye chuckled.

"Look up; she lives there," Rye replied, and Enzo lifted his gaze to find a palace bigger than his own sitting at the peak of the city, on the very edge so it overlooked the whole of the city. Maybe that was why the streets were scarce of people; they didn't want to be in the sight of Pandora.

"This place; it makes me feel ill," Rye complained, clutching his stomach. Enzo agreed.

"There is a sickness in this city," he confirmed. "I say we get Kiara and leave as soon as we are able. I have not had anything to eat in a while, either."

"I still have Kiara's bag," Rye perked up, pulling out two bottles of blood. "Savour it, for it is all the three of us have left."

Enzo took four mouthfuls of the thick, red liquid before screwing the lid back onto the bottle and chucking it back to Rye before they set off for Pandora's palace. It was still day time, so they would be safe on the streets until they got inside the Palace. From there, they would need to be weary of not only Pandora, but of Jaspar and the Nonsept as well.