Stretch it out

Walking out the doors you lead the way to an open field where you could sit in the grass. Your legs were still throbbing from all the running and jumping you had done during the games. So sitting was your preferred option. You take a seat and pat the spots next to you. Giving the two Captains a small smile.

"So what's up?" You asked impatiently.

"We-ah-rather Kazuma wanted to say something. Right?" Hisashi asks side eyeing Kazu.

You look to Kazuma waiting for him to speak. He seemed a little on edge almost nervous. So, you reach your hand out to him placing it on his shoulder and reassuring him that everything was okay.

"I wanted to apologize." Kazu started to say before you cut him off.

"Don't. There's no need for that." You smiled more to the sky than to them, but you didn't want them to apologize for anything. You had an actual challenge today and it felt great. Sure, every muscle in your body was aching but your heart was pounding from the excitement of it all. You hadn't felt this way in such a long time.

The two Captains stared at their kohai a moment longer before interrupting her space out.

"Is something going on that we should know about?" Hisashi ask with a smirk.

"Yea, you seem to be happier and more comfortable around people. Is it because of someone special perhaps?" Kazuma teased nudging you.

You stare at the two of them confused at there questions but then look down at your hands and shyly start to speak up.

"Did you guys see them in there?" You said waiting for some sort of acknowledgement. They both nodded their heads waiting for you to continue. "They didn't have hate in their eyes. That was the first time."

Hisashi wrapped his arm around your shoulder's in a brotherly way. While Kazuma hugged the two of you just smiling.

"It just felt good. So, good. And I-I'm s-so-so hap-happy." You started to break down. Your voice became shaky and tears silently fell from your eyes. As your Captains hugged you tighter knowing how long you had waited for something like this to happen.

The three of you sat their hugging in silence for what seemed like a lifetime. Then your limbs felt stiff, so you broke away from them and started to stretch. They joined in and cracked a few jokes about how many times you fell.

"I've never seen you sitting on your ass so much during a game."

"Right! She spent more time on the floor than in the air!"

The two of them burst out on laughing fits while you turned a dark shade of red.

"Give me a break. I was busting my butt in there." You tried defending yourself.

"Yea, we all saw you busting your butt every time you fell."

Again, with the laughing. You couldn't help but smile. They were great Captain's. This joking around they did was just one more reason you had to feel apart of something. They were the reason your teams felt like family and why you were slowly being pulled out of your shell.

{Back with the sports dorks}

"Did you see the way that prick just threw her aside in the middle of a game?!" Oikawa practically yelled.

"And what was with them making her the only person to block and spike?!" Said Kuroo.

"I'm more concerned about her injury. Her captain saw it but he chose to ignore it and continued to let her play." Wakatoshi piped up.

"Injury!" The five of them shouted.

"When she blocked one of my spikes she dislocated a finger but continued." Wakastoshi answered their confused faces.

"On top of that she was clearly exhausted but they made her finish both games." Kagami approached them.

"What kind of sick game were they playing with her?" Kise added.

These comments did not go unnoticed by your teams still in the gym. They have had many practices with you and know what you can handle. They were fed up with the accusations being heard about their captains and how they made you out to be some regular player who wouldn't be able to handle what you did.

Haruki walks up behind them clearing his throat to gain their attention with a few others on his heels.

"We understand you all feel a certain way about our (Y/N) but you should remember that she has one rule. And right now you are all failing to follow it." Haruki says with a stern look.

Kuroo, Oikawa and Wakatoshi knew what they were getting at but the others were a little lost at this comment.

"Furthermore, she is not some average player. She knows she can speak up if she wants or needs to be pulled from a game." Takeru says looking equally upset.

"This is why she came to us and plays at a higher level. You all still refuse to see her as anything more than some helpless girl. She can handle herself. And a dislocated finger?" Mori speaks in an annoyed tone.

"She has played in practice matches with much tougher opponents with worst injuries. She is a beast when it comes to playing. She puts her all in it. If you were so concerned why didn't any of you stop the game and say something?" Hayashi asks irritated beyond reasoning.

None of them said anything. They all looked at the floor realizing their mistake.

"Right. Because you all know how she would have reacted if you had. Maybe next time you all should think before you speak nonsense." Haruki says and walks out of the gym with the others.

The boys were left in the gym to think about what they were just told and none of them could look at each other because they all knew how right your team was. The silence was soon filled with laughter as people turned and found Sakusa giggling to himself.

"What's so funny?" Oikawa asks.

"You guys. That's what." Sakusa says wiping away the tears from his eyes. "I mean do any of you even know her? Kuroo, aren't you supposed to be like her best friend? You guys are a bunch of idiots."

"What's that got to do with this?" Kuroo asked.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing." He says waving them off before grabbing his stuff and exiting the gym.

The guys all exchanged glances something was up with Sakusa but what was it. They didn't say anything more to the subject just continued to stretch out before cleaning the gym and making their way out.

*******************************************************************************************************

Just real quick like really 560!!!! reads??? I am so glad you guys are enjoying this story!!!

Not sure if you know this but like those comments....ugh....they make my day!!! PLZ continue to comment and like..Also anyone have any ideas where this story seems to be heading?? just curious if anyone has picked up the hints...