8 - The Academy of Angels (Part 5)

"Sumabay ka na kasi sa'min," pang-ilang ulit nang pagpupumilit sa akin ni Luther. He wanted me to enter the main building and come to class together with the four of them. With everything that happened at the rooftop the night before, I'm not in the mood for all the attention I'll surely receive whenever I get to be with them. I've been telling him that I'll go alone, pero hindi siya tumitigil sa pangungulit.

"Ayoko nga sabi." Inirapan ko siya. If not for him being one of my suspects, I'd say he's the closest person to me here. My walls are all down whenever I'm with him—which makes him more dangerous.

He walked towards the bed and let his own body fall on the soft mattress. "Bakit ba ayaw mo?"

"Bakit ba pilit ka nang pilit?" I asked him back as I entered the walk-in closet for the last time to get my white blazer. Ipinatong ko iyon sa kulay puti din na blouse at itim na skirt. Sandali kong tinignan ang uniform na suot ko mula sa full length mirror, pagkatapos ay lumabas din ako kaagad.

"I can't remember the last time I walked in with four people walking beside me..." I heard Luther whispering to himself. He must've not intended to make me hear what he was saying kaya nagkunwari na lang din ako na wala akong narinig. He rolled to his side and used his left hand to lift his head as he looked at me. "Don't tell me you're too shy for all the attention you'll get if you walked in with us?"

I smirked at him. "Or maybe I want all the attention for myself."

"Tsk." He chuckled. "You're not like that."

As if you know me, Luther.

"Lumabas ka na," sabi ko na lamang habang muling tsine-check ang laman ng backpack ko.

He sighed and stood up, finally giving up on his quest to make me agree with what he wanted. He walked towards the door but before opening it, he stopped and looked at me again. "Last chance, Erisk."

I sighed too and glared at him. "Three...two..."

"Fine!" He raised both of his hands before exiting. Gusto pa'ng binibilangan.

I waited until ten minutes before the school bell rings before I wore my backpack. Luther, Iris, Charlotte, and Dominic enter the main building at that exact time and it's safe to assume na hindi ko sila makakasabay kung ganoong oras ako lalabas ng Royal Manor. I'm not sure though kung aabot ba ako sa main building on time. Wala rin naman akong pakialam kahit pa ma-late ako.

Silently, I walked out of Aster's bedroom. I couldn't help but stare at the asterisk engraved on the gold plate as I pulled the door to close it. Bago 'yon tuluyang lumapat, hindi ko alam kung ano ang nagtulak sa'kin para buksan 'yon ulit. And there—on the bed—I saw Aster's body again, bleeding to death. I closed my eyes shut and quickly pulled the door, surprising my self with the loud thud.

"Good morning po, Miss Erisk."

Hindi ko rin naiwasang magulat noong may biglang bumati sa akin. I turned to look at my right and saw one of the maids, standing a few meters away from me with her head slightly bowed.

"Good morning," I greeted back and she smiled. Five seconds had passed and it was just then that I realized that she won't move until I dismiss her. "I'll get going."

"Mag-iingat po kayo, Miss Erisk." Napalingon ulit ako dahil sa sinabi niya. Nakatayo pa rin siya ro'n at bahagya pa ring nakayuko. I just shrugged off the weird feeling that her last words gave me and walked towards the elevator.

The bell rang at the exact moment I entered the main entrance of Heaven Academy's main building. The lobby was already empty with everyone probably sitting inside their classrooms, but I still took my time. Wala rin ako sa mood na tumakbo. Late na rin naman.