28 - December Camp (Part 5)

[ "Can you come in here? ]

I didn't have the energy to ask why Saryo was whispering at the other end of the line. I had too much drink at the Seniors Fire, I think I've been sleeping for a whole damn year―and it's still not enough.

"Where?" I asked in the grumpiest voice. My head hurts so damn much I couldn't even open my eyes.

[ "Here in Sky's room." ]

"Who's Sky?"

[ "Who―what? How much did you drink last night, Erisk? ]

"Enough?"

[ "Where are you?" ]

"Where am I?"

[ "Erisk!" ]

Annoyed by the loud voice from the phone that's literally covering my ears, I tried to open my eyes and find out where I really am. It took a while before my vision became clear, and widened when I realized that I am in an unfamiliar room. Napabangon ako. "Holy shi―"

"Language." Napalingon agad ako at nakita si Iris sa isang sofa, umiinom ng paborito niyang tsaa.

"Good morning, Rose." Dumaan naman sa harapan ko si Charlotte, bitbit din ang isang tasa ng tsaa.

"Her real name's Aurora," I said while yawning.

"The dwarfs call her Rose."

"They are fairies―wait, where the hell are we?"

Iris giggled which made us turn to look at her. "The staff let us occupy the rooms so we could prepare for the ball." She stood up and my eyes followed her. "And look! Our dresses were delivered!"

I couldn't give back Iris's energy as I stared at the rack with ten gowns of different types hanging on it.

"You can choose from nine, because I'll be wearing the red one to match my pumps."

Tumayo ako sa kama. "I'll use the black one to match my soul," sabi ko saka nagtungo sa CR. I could hear them laughing on what they thought was my joke, before I closed the door.

The two of them were still enjoying their tea when I got out. Like what I did the past two days, dire-diretso akong nagkalkal ng masusuot sa mga gamit ni Iris na nasa walk-in closet na. She didn't mind naman.

Bumalik ako sa CR para magbihis. Nang matapos, parang doon lang ako tuluyang nagising at napansin ko ang kabuuan ng kwarto namin. Sanay ako sa malalaking kwarto pero sobrang laki pa rin n'on para sa'kin. I didn't get to see all the rooms the first time I went to that villa and I had no idea they have something that huge. Well, only fitting as it has three king-sized beds. The area where Iris and Charlotte were having their tea looked like a regular living room too. I wonder if all the rooms are the same, or it's like dormitory and royal manor again.

"Want some tea?" pag-aalok sa'kin ni Iris. "Bigay 'to ng school admin."

"Yeah, they're finally here and they think a sip of tea could erase all the memories of what they made us do for the last two days," Charlotte added in sarcasm. Well, same thought.