36 - Five Seconds

36 - Five Seconds

"Give me the residents of royal manor, and everything will be okay."

A deafening silence filled the lobby, like it was the calm before a storm. One second, we're all still processing what we just heard. Two seconds, it dawned to us that our lives are in danger. Three seconds was all it took for all eyes to turn to us.

On the fourth second, the students of Heaven Academy were still hesitating if they would dare to touch the people they have always looked up to. On the fifth, they did.

"Erisk!" I heard Luther screaming my name.

"Dom!" Charlotte called.

My palm was almost squeezed with how tight Dominic held my hand but I didn't mind. I held back onto him with all my strength. I don't want to let go.

It helped us that most of the students' subconscious were like programmed to step aside and give way when it is Dominic Defensor walking in front of them. Even in a life-threatening situation, touching the king seemed like an absurd thing for them to do.

Nakarating kami ni Dominic sa hagdan, pati si Charlotte, at nakalapit kami kay Luther. Hindi pa namin alam ang gagawin nang marinig ulit namin ang boses ni Mr. Diaz.

"Do you think I'm kidding?" He sounded irritated. "I'll seriously kill you all if you don't give me the residents of royal manor, and your parents won't mind. So move your asses!"

"Why would you care about what your parents would think?!" biglang sigaw ni Luther. "They'll kill you anyway!"

Nagulat kaming lahat nang may biglang tumakbo paakyat sa hagdan, diretso sa kung nasaan kami, at walang sabi-sabing sinuntok si Luther. Napahiga siya sa sahig at lalapitan ko na sana kung hindi lang ako hinila ni Dominic.

"I'll die either way," hinihingal pang sabi ni Dion Estrada habang nakatingin kay Luther. Ngumisi siya. "I've always wanted to hit that autocratic face."

"You asshole—" Hindi na naituloy ni Luther ang sasabihin nang bigla siyang talikuran ni Dion.

"We're all gonna die!" Dion's voice echoed in the lobby. "But at least die fighting!" I would've applauded his speech if not for his next words. "This bastard made us all his slaves for the past years and he's the son of the man behind all this shit!"

Ramdam kong napahigpit ang kapit ni Dominic sa kamay ko.

"Luther Magalona is not the master no more!" Dion Estrada spoke like a politician campaigning for a revolution. "I say we give him what he deserves."

It was a total chaos.

Students, male and female, rushed up the grand staircase of Heaven Academy's main building just to get a chance to throw their hands on Luther. I didn't know what to feel when they did not even give Dominic, Charlotte, and I a glance. They were just there, wanting to hurt Luther Magalona.

In just seconds, he was already bleeding. We tried to help him but we were just pushed away by raging students. The teachers couldn't even walk towards the commotion.

"Dom, do something!" naiiyak kong sabi. "Please, help hi—"

"Dom!" Napatigil ako sa pagsasalita nang ma-realize na boses ni Luther ang narinig kong nangibabaw sa kaguluhan. "Dom! Go!"