CHAPTER TWO

QUICK A/N: Just to remind you that neither the characters or the songs are mine. They are all from the original Broadway show Beetlejuice. Enjoy
❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

I woke up with an uneasy feeling, clearly my fucked up mind could not keep it's same sane state as yesterday night. I sat up in my bed looking at the practically dead Tony and started poking him to wake him up. I needed my friend for reassurance. Was that selfish? NO . This guy has woke me up in the middle of the night because his girlfriend of that time kissed him on the cheek instead of in the lips..... YEAH AND IM NOT KIDDING!

-WAKE UP BITCH ASS- I yelled annoyed at the fact that he wasn't waking up

-Ugh I forgot how annoying you get in the morning.- he mumbled sitting in the bed

-Dude help me warm up while we do breakfast or something. I'll faint in the middle of the WINTER FUCKING GARDEN -i said still a little pissed at myself.

After we finished our scrambled eggs and orange juice Tony walked me to the theater. His boyfriend Collin would pick him up there so he could go talk with a professional to start having an actual idea about what to do next in his career.
In less than 20 minutes we arrived. Thanks to my anxiety we got there REALLY early so i was third in line. Tony waited with me for a little while before his boyfriend arrived. We said our goodbyes and Collin took a picture of me in line. Just to have it as a memory for when she becomes a famous Broadway actress, he said excited after demanding me to call when i finished my audition.

12 minutes went by and I decided to take out my earbuds and plug them to my phone. I looked for "The banana boat song" and pressed play. Just to start feeling the vibes.
Time flew by and I could see a nervous Alex Brightman rushing to the door of the building.
We made eye-contact for a moment. Or that is what I like to think. Not gonna lie. I kind of developed a crush for him after School of Rock. But i think it was the character. Because after all i had a crush on Jack Black too. I mean, the guy's cute.

The line started moving and i closed my eyes as i was now next in line. The girl that was before me left the building crying.... i was simply speechless, what if i wasn't good enough, that girl seemed prepared. Before a lady with a slicked bun called for the next person. A woman slightly older than me said.

-Hey, don't worry!! Go! Break a leg!!!

I gave her my best smile and thanked her so many times, i'm not sure if she got how much better she made me feel.

I started making my way to the cross on the floor and I hear Alex Timbers, the writer greeting me, and asking for my full name, age, role and where i had studied.

-Good morning, my name is y/n y/l/n, i am 25 years old, i graduated in Julliard and I am here for the role of Lydia Deetz.-Internally I was really proud of how professional i sounded. And squinting my eyes i could distinguish some of the faces, such as Alex Timbers of course, Eddie Perfect, my dad was a fan of "Shane Warne" so I heard his name a couple of times, then i could notice a familiar face. That was  Alex Brightman. Holy shit. Okay  just focus.

-We are going to hand you a shortened version of a song called "Dead Mom" which Lydia sings.-he said while going through some paper work- Ok then, whenever you are ready.

I closed my eyes after giving the song a little eying and i started.

- "Hey Mom, Dead Mom
I need a little help here
I'm prob'ly talking to myself here
But Dead Mom, I gotta ask
Are you really in the ground?
Cause I feel you all around me
Are you here, Dead Mom?
Dead Mom

Dead Mom
I'm tired of tryin' to iron out my creases
I'm a bunch of broken pieces
It was you who made me whole
Every day Dad's starin' at me
Like all, "Hurry up, get happy
Move along
Forget about your mom"- sang at the top of my lungs giving a little emotion in some parts so i could really express the sadness and angst of the song.
While singing i noticed how an uninterested Alex Brightman turned to face me and analyze me....? was he checking me out? No, of course not.... or was he? My thoughts got interrupted by Eddie Perfect

-That was fantastic miss y/l/n!! We really enjoyed that.- he said actually kind off impressed - that will be hard to beat - he mumbled - Thank you so much for coming you will be hearing from us in a couple of days. Our deadline is on Wednesday so, if we didn't call you back by then....-

-Means I didn't made it- I said finishing what he didn't wanted to.

After saying our goodbyes i made my way out and found the woman who wished me luck before, so i greeted her and told her a little bit of it and told her to break a leg. While she was entering the theater she spins on her heels and quickly tells me her phone number so we could chat after her audition. She seemed really friendly.  I started heading home when i realized i left my jacket laying on the floor at the stage. SHOOT i couldn't go back in there, they had security aaaand they were casting people. UGH JUST GREAT. While i was cursing myself in a low voice. Someone approached me, put their hand in my back, gave me a smiling look and said
-Hey, i'm Alex, ....Brightman, Alex Brightman- he said kind of nervous... no way.... well i mean i did looked my best buuut whaaaat naaah..

-Yea I know who you are! I saw you in School of Rock! You are the best- I said the last part letting out a sigh.

-Well I try, but i heard better compliments, like WOW YOU ARE SO SEXY- he said doing a silly voice.

I left out a chuckle and he stared at me for a little while. And then said... You were amazing back there... and i know that maybe i am being weird but i have a feeling that you are getting in. Although we already have Sophia you could get on the show as her understudy.-he said with a smirk.

I dropped my eyes to his mouth, smiled and look back up.

-Wait, Y/n right?- he asked giggling a little.

-The one and only- I said with my mind daydreaming about that smirk and smile of his.

-Were you.....checking me out y/n?!- he said followed by a gasp.

I blushed like crazy then he said
-OKOK i'll stop teasing if you agree to a coffee, ya know, so i can get to know my new partner.