Chapter 6.

Artemis POV.

I imagined the Veteran Center to be different. Loud and hectic maybe but right now everything is completely quiet. I concentrate on the many different sounds surrounding me. The footsteps of the Seed siblings, the occasional howl of different wolfs or dogs, and the pleading of some people.

After a few seconds, Hades gives me the signal that there are steps in front of me so I slow down a bit. Feeling for them I walk them up till I'm completely over them. It wasn't many but since I don't know the layout of this place I don't know where what is. I follow Joseph's footsteps but soon find myself trip over the uneven floor.

Just as I was to hit the ground face-first I feel an arm snaking its way around my body. Someone caught me and stood me back on the ground.

"Are you alright? Didn't you see the crack in front of you?" John asks me. I chuckle embarrassed and turn to him.

"Well, I couldn't actually see it. I'm blind after all and Hades didn't warn me beforehand." My melodic voice echoes in the hallway we were in and I hear three identical intakes of breath. I stiffen when I remember what I just said and lowered my head.

Suddenly I feel a hand under my chin which directs my face into an upwards position. I can tell that there is a face in front of me since I can feel a breath on my face. But I couldn't tell you who it is.

"Are you truly blind? I didn't notice at all since you always looked in our general direction. Sometimes you even made eye contact. But that also explains your misty green eyes and the occasional growl from Hades just now. He gives you signals so you know that something is coming. You have a clever wolf right there!" John says fascinated. He must have never met a blind person. Right now he reminds me of a small excited child. After I didn't so say or do anything, John seems to snap out of his excitement.

" Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to sound like this. I apologize." John says quietly. But I couldn't help but laugh at John's mood swings. They must have thought that I didn't want to talk about my situation so I must have shocked them with my reaction. All three of them are completely quiet. I feel for John's hand and after finding it I squeeze lightly.

"It's alright John. I have come to terms with my condition a long time ago. I don't mind being blind. And I'm not completely helpless. I still have my hearing and I have Hades here who helps me around. It's not that I wouldn't like to see again but I learned to live with it." I say gently and with my thumb I rub the insides of his wrists. He sighs calming down but I also feel something is bothering him.

" Are you alright John? You sound pretty exhausted?" I ask him softly. He chuckles lowly and answers.

" Yeah, I'm alright. It's just that I'm pretty sleepy since when I don't work I sit beside Jacob's bed and watch over him. I didn't sleep well the last few weeks. Always scared that my brother will leave me when I don't look. And your touch just now just relaxed me that's all." John confesses. I can understand how he feels so I try and put my hand on his right cheek and smile at him.

" It's alright now. I'm here now and will look your brother over. Since the antidote got here in time Jacob will be as good as new in a few days. I also brought some of my other herbs with me that will help him recover even faster." I tell John so that he doesn't have to worry anymore.

" Thank you." John says quietly and I smile softly up at him.

" You're welcome. Now, do you mind showing me to your brother? I want to look and see if his wound is healing probably." I say. John nods and takes my hand that was on his cheek. He loops my arm around his and starts to walk again.

"Wouldn't want to see you fall again. I will tell you if there is anything in front of you okay?" I smile and nod.

Joseph POV.

I look at the woman that saved my brother over. She is a fragile-looking woman with beautiful brown hair and eyes the color of the forest like the one behind her. Right now she has her bow drawn at the Whitetail that escaped his cage a few minutes ago. The way her hair sways in the wind makes her look like the goddess that she is. Artemis. An uncommon name. But the name fits her perfectly.

I watch as Maria goes over to her and lowers her bow since one of her teammates has already handcuffed the man again. She begins to talk with Maria, thanking her for just now. As I saw Maria padding Hades I decided that now was a good time to go over to her. John and Faith follow me. As I stop in front of Artemis I begin to say.

"Well hello there, Artemis. It is an honor to meet the person who saved some of my children and especially the Savior of my brother. My name is Joseph." I introduce myself and take her head in my hands. I guide it to mine. I can feel her confusion but she lets me do it. After letting go of her head and taking a few steps back I see Faith making her way over to her. Faith also introduces herself and the last one is John.

John as charming as ever takes her hand in his and gives it a small kiss. I always tell him that this Lust of his will one day do him no good but he doesn't listen. Always the rebellious little brother he is.

Artemis blushes a little so my brother can't help but feel proud of himself. Hades is quick to intervene and John pulls back quickly. Both me and Faith need to laugh which earns us a glare from our brother.

Since the introductions were over we made our way over to the front door to get to Jacob's room. As we were in front of the staircase I notice that Hades growls and Artemis slows down. This happens a few more times and I just couldn't think of a reason for that. But as she trips over the large crack in the floor and John asks her if she was blind I was shocked. Young Artemis was truly blind. I didn't notice it at all. But that would also explain Hades' growls.

After Artemis resured John of his reaction and that she didn't mind being blind we continued our way to Jacob's room. But now John looped Artemis arm around his so that she doesn't fall again.

Somehow the voice tells me that this woman will change the fate of our future. I still don't know how but I know that she will.

(1206)