Chapter 9.

Artemis POV.

The light of dawn seeped into my room. I may be blind but I still see light and darkness so I turn away from my window as to hide from the light. Since Hades is laying next to me I bury my face in his fur but it tickles my nose, making me sneeze.

Thinking I'm awake now anyway I rub my eyes and stand up to walk to the window. I open it and let the sunbeams hit my face. My face instantly heats up because of the warmth even if it is still early in the morning. That's the heat of Hope Country for you.

Going over to my wardrobe I feel for any dress that is hanging on the rod and make my way to the bathroom. Quickly taking a shower and brushing my hair and teeth I stand in the kitchen fifteen minutes later to make myself and Hades some breakfast. I make myself a coffee and eggs with bacon and toast while Hades gets a bit deer meat that I caught a few days ago. I even turn on my phone to hear a bit of music. If I would turn on the radio I would only hear the cult songs. Don't get me wrong, I actually like them. They have a nice ring to them but I want to hear something different today.

"Eve please play 'Clair de lune' for me." I tell my phone. Eve is a special software on my phone that basically does everything I tell her. My brother made it for me when I lost my vision.

"Yes Artemis. I can do that for you." A woman's voice awnsers me and in the next moment I hear the soft notes of the piano piece. I hum to myself while I finish our breakfast and dance over to the small kitchen table. I put the food down and we both begin to eat.

It doesn't take us long to finish so I take the dishes back to the kitchen and quickly clean them. Since it is a pleasant warm day I deside to bring my garden back in shape. Looking if I have enough of everything or if some plants are withered. I take my sunhat from the rack and search around for my gardening gloves. I can't find them so I was about to call Hades when I get hit by something. Hades hit me with my gloves.

Pouting I put them on and go to my little patch of herb garden I made. I did that because I actually wanted to open my own pharmacy since I couldn't become a doctor thanks to my condition. I always wanted to help people. Since then I sometimes make a creme or a syrup for the people I meet in Falls End. There is this one lovely granny that always trys to give me money but in the end after many rejections gives me homemade cookies. I love them.

I spend the whole morning in my small patch of paradise. Hades sometimes came to me only to lead me to some other place that needed my attention. After finishing up everything and making lunch I desided to go hunting. We could use some more meat and a few plants that grow in the woods.

"Come on buddy, let's go and get some new things."

I go back inside to get a few things that I would need like my backpack and my bow. I also activate Hades collar again and we make our way into the woods behind the hut. The hut belongs to my family as well as the land one or two miles around it. It is more of a hunting lodge then a home. We original had a house near Falls End but since my parents died and my brother got in the army and went M.I.A I sold it and moved into the smaller lodge up here in the mountains. It is smaller but has a homey feeling and I like to be surrounded by nature. It calms me.

The walk through the forest was short and we soon arrive at a meadow where most of the plants grow that I need. I mostly need to stock up on the plants for the antidote since I used every last leaf I had. Meanwhile Hades is hunting for some rabbits or deers. He is a wolf after all and needs to follow his nature.

It feels great being outside, feeling the sun on my skin and the wind through my hair. It is refreshing and I feel at peace. Everything was perfect in that moment until I heared something. Like a few month ago it was the sound of shouting but this time there was also something else. It sounded like a animal but I couldn't decipher what kind. What scared me a bit was that the shouting and roaring is coming in my direction. And fast.